If you’re anything like me, you’ve been searching for “The One” since you were old enough to date. You probably developed a checklist, a physical description and a number of other criteria that would help you identify Mr. Right when he came along.
If you’re in a relationship and you believe you may very well have met the man of your dreams, you’ve probably begun considering the idea of settling down with him.
The question is, how can you be sure? How can you be absolutely positive he is, in fact, “The One” you should spend forever with?
The truth is, there is no easy answer to this question, but there are a few things to consider that can help make the decision a little easier.
- How is your conversation?
- Does he talk to you about things you care about?
- Do you generally get along?
- Do your value systems align?
- Do you basically agree about important things?
- Does he treat you and your family with respect?
- Do you feel safe with him?
- Do you trust him?
- Does he make you laugh?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, you’ve got yourself a keeper — these are the fundamentals of a successful, long-term relationship. If you aren’t sure about any of the above, you may want to rethink your relationship altogether.