My Child’s Father is Seeing Someone. How Can I Get Him Back?

September 28, 2012
My Child’s Father is Seeing Someone. How Can I Get Him Back?

Reader Question:

I’ve been broken up with my child’s father for three years, and now he is seeing someone else. I made a mistake back then. How can I get him back?


Dr. Wendy Walsh’s Answer:

You can’t “get” him back. You can only show him you are an honest, loyal and loving mother to his child. And you can tell him your feelings about him – with love, remorse and brutal honesty.

What he does with that information is up to him. You may not get his heart but you will get his respect, and the biggest winner will be the child who you are both now tied to forever.

No counseling or psychotherapy advice: The Site does not provide psychotherapy advice. The Site is intended only for use by consumers in search of general information of interest pertaining to problems people may face as individuals and in relationships and related topics. Content is not intended to replace or serve as substitute for professional consultation or service. Contained observations and opinions should not be misconstrued as specific counseling advice.

Dr. Wendy Walsh is the author of "The 30-Day Love Detox"" (April 2013). Connect with her on Google+.

Related Topics:
After Divorce Dating With Kids Exes

1 Response

    I know it’s tough to work with an ex husband. I have a child with my ex and at first I didn’t want him seeing someone else but I realized this new woman will have to deal with all the problems I had with him, so good riddance!

Add a Comment

We're glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy, and all links are nofollow. Do NOT use keywords in the name field. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation.