5 Good and Bad Pickup Lines for Women (Gasp!)
|Kara Pound • 5/14/12|
The phrase “pickup line” is usually associated with men. In fact, I’ve never heard a guy say, “So I was at this bar last night and this woman came up to me with the best pickup line I’ve ever heard.” I’m not even sure a woman anywhere in the world has ever delivered a pickup line. Ever.
In case you’d like to utter the inaugural female pickup line, I’ve listed a few suggestions and a few to avoid. Guys love humor. If you’re able to make him laugh, you’re one step closer to getting the digits.
1. “Can I buy you a drink, or do you just want the money?” Hilarious!
2. “What do you like for breakfast?” If delivered well, this is a funny one.
3. Drop an ice cube and say, “Now that we’ve broken the ice, my name is . . .” Again, hilarious.
4. “Hey, I’m throwing a bachelorette party for my best friend this Saturday night, are you available to be the stripper?” A guy would be wowed that you have the guts to deliver a line like that without cracking a smile.
5. “Let’s make like fabric softener and Snuggle.” Totally cute.
1. “You’re way better looking than my ex-boyfriend.” Get over your ex already.
2. “Can I lick that film off your teeth?” Ugh, that’s just disgusting.
3. “Is it hot in here or is it just you?” Lame!
4. “Baby, you’re sexier than socks on a rooster.” That line doesn’t even make sense.
5. “Are those astronaut pants? Cause that ass is out of this world!” That line was probably funny in 1985.
There you go — the good, the bad and the lame. Guys like to laugh. Do your best to deliver a witty pickup line without giggling or cracking a smile and you’re on your way to a solid conversation.