17-18 year old guy dating a 28 year old woman. Any advice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

September 14, 2014 at 9:39 am #61943

So I met this girl. Here is a possible problem. I am 17, so is it legal? I am turning 18 next year, so if the age is an issue, I won’t be 17 for that much longer. I was thinking that she is 11 years older than me and she would never give me a shot. I asked her, “I am probably too young for you right?” She then basically responded with a “No” and she wants to see pics of me. I guess she is judging if I look mature enough. I showed her a pic and I honestly don’t look my age. I am 6’0″ and 170 pounds, which is bigger than most grown men (I am still growing). I have a defined jawline and cheekbones. I can grow a lot of facial hair and I am currently growing a beard. I also have a decent amount of body hair. So I honeslty think I have a shot at getting with this girl. I know a girl at my HS that is 16 and she is dating a college guy. So if she is dating a college man, I shouldn’t be worried about dating a woman a couple of years older, right?

September 15, 2014 at 8:46 am #61944

And also, my family has a history of spouses with noticeable age gaps. My grandpa was like 30 years older than my grandma. My mom even dated a guy 15 years older than herself. So I am starting to think it is perfectly fine if I date a girl a decade older than me, right? I guess it is genetic, lol.

KittyHammer
    KittyHammer
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 8:46 am #61950

It is normal to see high school girls date college guys.
    Both the college guys and this woman you want face a similar issue: Getting caught dating someone under 18.

If you pursue her; make sure you cover you tracks.
    Otherwise, the age thing is just an illusion. Do you have the self-belief to date her as a person. If so, have fun.

Anonymous
    September 15, 2014 at 9:37 am #61979

i think the age gap is kinda too much for u…

JuneonJupiter
    JuneonJupiter
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 10:36 pm #62000

That age gap makes me feel personally very uncomfortable. What kind of woman wants an immature 17-18 year old boyfriend when she’s nearly 30? No offense, I’m sure you’re very smart, but once you reach 30 years old and look back you’ll realize its a world of a difference.

Anonymous
    September 16, 2014 at 1:14 am #62004

Your age gap is big, so look your younger girl for you, if She is 24 rather than 30 then may be its ok.. so If you move further with 30 years women, then cover your track. Take care

DanteDMC
    DanteDMC
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 9:40 am #62019

It’s not so huge difference. I have a friend. He has been already married for 10 years with a lady elder him about 11 years. They are happy, and bring up two children.
    Elder women are smart, she will teach you and always support you. So, choose what you want, stupid girls of your age, or a woman, who knows, what she wants

Hawtbug
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 11:53 pm #62044

You can still ask her, but really the gap is big. You really don’t have the same notion of relationships at 28 and 18. While you’re probably still thinking of dating and having fun together she’ll be thinking that she wants a baby.

Plus you won’t be facing the same situation. You’lll have to be in her care for some years, as you’ll be studying while she’ll be working.

And finally, while it’s not uncommon to see older guys dating younger gals, the reverse has to be rare.

DanteDMC
    DanteDMC
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 8:54 am #62052

You can still ask her, but really the gap is big. You really don’t have the same notion of relationships at 28 and 18. While you’re probably still thinking of dating and having fun together she’ll be thinking that she wants a baby.
    Plus you won’t be facing the same situation. You’lll have to be in her care for some years, as you’ll be studying while she’ll be working.
    And finally, while it’s not uncommon to see older guys dating younger gals, the reverse has to be rare.

It’s a double-edged sword.
    On the one hand he will be to her a child, she should bring he up (morally). On the other hand, she can really teach him life and make a real man out of the boy.

thumperthump23
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 3:10 am #62090
    Reply To: 17-18 year old guy dating a 28 year old woman. Any advice?

Well federal law is 16 is age of concent so as long as your parents have no problem with this and understand then there shouldnt be a problem but to be honest with you look for girls your age or 1 to 3 uears older you will find you will have much more in common with them