19 and no dating experience, but I want to start.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    September 7, 2017 at 11:25 pm #148558

Going to an all-male high school, I never really had any opportunity to date as a teen. Now that I’ve started college and am back in a co-ed environment, I feel like I should try dating, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. I feel mature enough to handle a romantic relationship, but I’m just not sure what the best way to establish one is. I’ve been getting involved on campus and making both male and female friends, but nobody really date-able. I know I’ve only been here a month, but I’m just not sure if I should continue waiting, or maybe try online dating or something. I’ve seen people say that I need to wait for things to fall into place, but I’ve also seen people argue against this and say that dating is a necessary social skill to learn during college.

I’m just confused. How important should dating be to me right now (obviously not more important than school, of course)? How should I go about entering the dating scene? I want to find proper advice that’ll work for me.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by LoneWolf LoneWolf. Reason: Posted in the wrong forum

ashtar_sheran98
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 5:10 pm #148651

Hi. I’m experiencing your same issue. I’m 19 as weel and I have no dating experience but I’d really like to date someone or get to know a girl better. Mk family and my friends told me the daating experience is important but it’s not the main issue of your life. Also my relatives amd my buddies told me not to date your friends or people you know well. If you wanna date someone, go for strangers. You don’t need to wait. Just go and join people. Sometimes you can be rejected but if you keep on , you’ll make it. Unfortunately all my friends are very boring and lazy so I’m gonna do this all on my own and that’s a little bit of an issue. So surround yourself with active people and go for dates if you really feel like it. You won’t regret.

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 11:23 pm #148654

Also my relatives amd my buddies told me not to date your friends or people you know well. If you wanna date someone, go for strangers.

Even having never dated before, I can completely understand this. I had one good female friend back home; been friends since elementary school and I couldn’t imagine us in a romantic relationship. Same can be said for the girls I’ve been meeting on campus; while they started off as potential romances, my feelings began to fade once I learned they weren’t available (I didn’t tell them how I felt or anything; just found out about their status through casual conversation). This is kind of why I’m leaning towards online dating; both of us would know our intents toward each other. But at the same time, doing that kind of feels like going against nature, so to speak.