1st date awkward ending, 2nd date advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LionBait
    Participant
    January 3, 2013 at 11:24 am #19862

I had a first date last weekend that started great but there was a really awkward ending that finished with a hug initiated by me after a ridiculous amount of down-time.

I wasn’t thinking clearly for several reasons I don’t need to go into – I didn’t piece together that there were subtle indications suggesting I should make a move.

But the more I think about it the more it starts to seem obvious to me that I should have kissed her.

The thing is I have honestly never had this kind of magnetic attraction and connectibility to someone before and I am bothered that I may have jeopardized myself.

There is still an indication that she had a good time and there should be another date approaching.

I feel like I need to step it up this time. Do I just greet her with a kiss? Do I try to work in an apology for not kissing her? Do I act like it never happened? We text a lot, is there something I can say that will help, is it too soon to say I’ve been thinking about you a lot? I need some advice.

NewtIsaac
    Participant
    January 4, 2013 at 11:07 am #19972

Oh boy. First of all, be thankful you didn’t kiss her. Why? because you need to slow down that train!!

That connection you felt was probably your little guy in between your legs ready to jump her bones. If you had a great connection and the conversation went well, take your time!!

Think of it this way: try to build up the feelings, build up the lust a little more and I’m sure your girl will want you just as bad. Careful though! I’m not suggesting you build up the sexual tension to where you both end up sleeping with each other off a passionate kiss.

You really need to keep a level head and keep your zipper up as long as you can. If you get in bed too soon, the relationship won’t last very long.

Nothing wrong with wanting her to crave your kiss either. You can play the teasing game too, just be playful and enjoy the time with her.