1st "Date" with an old coworker- haven't dated in 5 years.. HELP!!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Artsyfartsy
    Participant
    April 22, 2017 at 2:43 am #134067

I haven’t seen this person in 3 years and when we worked together we I was in a commited relationship, so the notion of dating never came up… I did, however, develop a small crush on him just because we had SO much in common and he was absolutely hilarious, even though I wasn’t initially attracted to him physically, he sort of grew on me. My ex is a very jealous person and he forbade us to be friends and I complied.. I’m no longer at that job and niether is he, we haven’t spoken in 3 years. 3 months ago I caught my boyfriend of 5 years cheating on me and we have since ended things. I haven’t really put any thought into dating, but there is an obscure movie that I want to see and I remembered a conversation i had with said co-worker about the prequel to it and thought ‘Why not?” so I asked him to go and he agreed, but I really never said that I was single now and am concerned that he’ll read this as just a friendly outing and nothing more- how do i navigate this awkward situation?

totomalan
    Participant
    April 22, 2017 at 5:02 am #134069

I think tat the best option is just to be yourself

deerooney88
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 4:16 am #134416

Think of it positively.try to relax and be yourself it’s normal to be nervous 5 years is a long time.it isn’t even embarrassing to say it’s been a while since you dated.you don’t have to say the amount of time though.