2 Months before she is gone forever! Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CalebAReynolds
    CalebAReynolds
    Participant
    March 21, 2016 at 7:36 pm #96175

Out of nowhere, this girl appears in school with me. We have 4/6 classes together- she’s beautiful, doesn’t talk, and makes the most amazing paintings I’ve ever seen. I get close to her- discovered her drug habit, her dark past involving her father raping her, how she was able to escape into foster care but never kicked the drug habit, etc.
    I helped her kick the drug habit- and we dated for a year. This was my first real relationship, but it didn’t feel the same. I loved this girl with all my heart- and despite all the progress we made, she was still bad news (but I didn’t care.) long story short, she meets this guy who I despise, and they date for two years. She gets bruises on her arms, and leaves him. She stays with me for four months before she ended up cheating on me. In all honesty, it hurt me but I was over it in two days. I’m crazy for this girl. But she swears she feels for this other man the way I feel for her. They get married on May 14th. I need her in my life 🙁

ynlee204
    Participant
    March 22, 2016 at 11:32 am #96189

Sad story..
    You deserve a better person though.

CalebAReynolds
    CalebAReynolds
    Participant
    March 22, 2016 at 9:51 pm #96237

I realize that she’s trouble- but I want to at least know what I can do that will be my best chance at keeping her. I go to college in about 5 months- the college I’m going to is 30 minutes from our home town. The guy she is running away with is stationed in Georgia- and in two months just about (May 24th!!) they will be in Georgia together and I’ll truly never get a second chance.

Tommo95
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 12:35 pm #96279

It sounds like you could be better off without her but at the same time, you’ve been through a lot together. Maybe one last attempt at talking to her about your feelings might help the situation, just be wary of your emotions, as you don’t want to risk more upset than you’ve already been through.

iamwhoiam
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 9:07 pm #96317

Once a cheater always a cheater I say. And the comment about her have love for another man and a love for her drug rings true. Sometimes its just best to let them go.

CalebAReynolds
    CalebAReynolds
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 8:54 am #96354

I honestly don’t care if she cheats on me again. This girl was closer than my best friend. If these two work out, she won’t be in my life in any capacity. She literally can only speak to me in person, or when she knows that he won’t be able to stalk her phone activity.

Superrocco3
    Participant
    April 5, 2016 at 7:14 pm #97140

Not even gonna lie, this seems like a sticky situation. I would recommend that you try to move on. Sucks to have such strong feelings for her, but I think this will save you a lot of time and energy in the long run if you take this route

jxm6656
    Participant
    April 6, 2016 at 10:02 pm #97236

Honestly bro, I know it sucks and I know its tough as hell, but the best advice I can give you is to just move on. If she wants to choose drugs and a crappy guy over a happy life, then that’s her choice and there’s nothing you can do about it. She’ll see her mistake one day though.