2 weeks and he hasn't contacted me – should i just forget about him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

najjy
    Participant
    January 19, 2016 at 3:01 pm #91875

so i met this guy online a couple of months ago and he kinda asked to meet up quiet quickly (without that much small talk) so we met up about 2 weeks later and it was all good so we met up again to go cinema a couple of days after, again all good. then for about a month (maybe longer) neither of us were able to meet cos of work and stuff (though we did have one date planned which he cancelled on the day because he said he had alot going on, fair enough…) so after the month or so we met again twice, again it was all good, last time i went over to his place and we just hung out, but that was over 2 weeks ago, he messaged me like 2 days after and we had a short convo cos he stopped responding (he usually does, and this was on whatsapp so i can see hes read the message) then a week passed no contact so i messaged him just hi and he responded and said that he’d been having family issues and that his mum was unwell and in hospital, and i told him that my dad was unwell too, afer i sent tha

najjy
    Participant
    January 19, 2016 at 3:07 pm #91876

CONT…so after i sent the message about my dad he called me and sent me a text to call him back but i couldn’t cos i was at work, but i texted him back a couple of hours later explaining and apologising, so we talked about our parents for abit and then i told him to let me know if he needs anything and he responded saying that he would like to see me again, i messaged back saying that if me messaged me when i would go over and visit him, the convo kinda ended there and that was a week ago – since then i haven’t heard from him, i know hes kinda ok cos he posts on his snapchat, but what should i do? should i just forget about him? is he just keeping me as someone on the side to pass his time?

Anonymous
    January 21, 2016 at 9:05 am #91926

I am feeling he has other things going on that are preventing him from being available emotionally the way you would want. It could be his parents as he stated, or something else. But for the meantime, let it be. You can reach out to him from time to time, but keep yourself open to other possibilities.

Keithw27
    Participant
    January 22, 2016 at 5:43 am #91967

I agree with the comment above, if he is emotionally unavailable because of the situation with his mum then its best not to pester him about talking or meeting up, on the other hand it could be something else, sorry if that makes your mind wonder, its a hard one to read, usually its the guy who messages to much. Give him his space but let him know you are still there, but keep your options open, maybe go on a date with another guy, have fun with friends, don’t just dwell on the thought that he is not replying or you will drive yourself mad.

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 2:48 am #92509

Just give him some space for a month or two. If he doesn’t text you just move on. You don’t want to come across as desperate. You probably are not desperate but guys sometimes assume that if you send too many messages. Make him think you are busy.

Miamb
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 4:28 am #92514

If he is saying he is having problems is best to leave it alone. You will not be able to convince him to make time for you. Better not to wait for him either as life is too short.

Anonymous
    February 17, 2016 at 2:18 am #93736

of course yes!

Tet11
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 7:16 am #93824

Yes!

Anonymous
    March 6, 2016 at 2:13 am #95060

yes

euphorialte
    Participant
    April 3, 2016 at 3:36 pm #96972
    Reply To: 2 weeks and he hasn't contacted me – should i just forget about him?

How is he now? Is he okay?

gucci
    gucci
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 12:05 pm #97915

Sounds like he is seeing someone else or perhaps several others

minquest
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 5:34 pm #98599

Just give him some space for a while. If he doesn’t text you just move on, cause it means he is not worth it. You don’t want to come across as desperate. You probably are not desperate but guys sometimes assume that if you send too many messages. Make him think you are busy.

rosecoloredglasses
    rosecoloredglasses
    Participant
    June 18, 2016 at 7:11 pm #103598

It is so hard to be patient when you have met a person that you click with. All of the responses above have great points to consider. You do not want to sound desperate. If he really and truly has a personal thing going on, you are not going to be in his thoughts at the moment. No offense but that is life. If he has someone else then what can you do. He was not for you anyways. You are not an official couple so you can keep your options open and keep looking. If and when things settle down you can be there for him.