2 year relationship ended.. Want him back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whosthatguuurl
    Participant
    July 19, 2014 at 11:56 am #57822

I got dumped exactly two weeks ago from a serious relationship that lasted about two years. Since I go to college in another state, during semesters the relationship was long distance and during vacations we’d be together. Everything was fine, we loved each other very much and we barely had any problems. This summer however, he had to go away for an internship far in Detroit and I had to stay home working and taking summer classes. I was really upset that he had to leave, but he told me he loved me and we were gonna make it through the summer and be together in the semester, because I had made arrangements to stay for the Fall semester in a college near home. We’re not a perfect couple. We had our fights but they were always solved at the end. When he left for his internship, everything was just as it I were away in college; we texted during the day and skyped/talked during the night. Problems only arose when we weren’t able to talk (because he went out a lot) or when he’d tell me he..

whosthatguuurl
    Participant
    July 19, 2014 at 11:57 am #57823

..he’d tell me he was going to do something and it turned out to be something else (this happened three times). The times he’d tell me he was doing one thing and it turned out to be another were particularly difficult because since I was so far away, it was hard to tell if he was telling me the truth about what he was really doing because the sudden changes, even if he was telling the truth. So two weeks ago, he came home to visit for a week (from June 28 to July 5). It was the happiest week of the summer for me. I missed him so much and everything was perfect. We celebrated our anniversary early (since I wasn’t going to be with him for the actual date which is this week). He bought me an expensive necklace that I had told him not to buy me because if we broke up I wouldn’t want to wear it, and he got it anyways because he said it wasn’t gonna happen. Since before he came he told me he had to leave Saturday instead of Sunday because it would be more expensive and he’d get back too..

whosthatguuurl
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 8:54 am #57824

..late if he left Sunday. I accepted that because it sounded reasonable, but the Thursday before he left he tells me that the guy who was picking him up wanted to go to Chicago and the only way he’d pick him up was if he went with him. This was a problem for me because all I could think was that this trip was planned already (which is why he was leaving early) and he was keeping it from me until the last minute. Of course we fought but I ended up crying at the end so we dropped it. Everything was fine after that, he stayed at my place Friday night and I took him to the airport on Saturday morning. I cried and he told me it was going to be okay and that he was going to come see me soon before August (he told his parents this the night before in front of me). After he left I spent the whole day upset because he was gone. When he got to Detroit however, he actually went to Chicago even though I didn’t want him to. He lives less than an hour away from the airport and he could have taken..

whosthatguuurl
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 8:54 am #57828

cab, but to save money he decided to leave with his friend instead. So of course when he actually got to Chicago I was furious and we fought (his “friend” was present for this). The next day he didn’t want to talk to me, whenever I told him something he’d get angry. That day he told me he’d be back at 9 because they didn’t want to get back later than that, but they did so anyways. They got back at midnight, so of course I was furious again and we kept fighting but all of a sudden he breaks up with me saying that he no longer has interest in our relationship and that this has been coming for a long time. He said he loved me but didn’t want this anymore and he broke it off. He then told me not to beg because he wasn’t going to give this a chance. The next day I called him and he was crying and said the same thing. Every time I’ve talked to him he’s used the same line, saying that right now he can’t be in a relationship with anyone cause he no longer knows what he wants to do with his

whosthatguuurl
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 8:55 am #57829

life when we had already planned our lives together. I’ve done everything I can, and his family is just as upset as I am. They keep saying he’ll come around because he really loves me but every time I’ve talked to him he seems so determined to end it that I’ve lost faith in the situation. I’m devastated and I don’t know what to do. I don’t think he’ll come back even if he loves me. I messaged him last night and told him that I respect his decision but would still like to be with him in the future if he was willing to give this another chance, but he didn’t respond. I don’t know what to do and am in desperate need for advice.

Also I’m almost 100% sure that his friend had something to do with his decision because he was present for the fight and the breakup and when I messaged him apologizing for putting him in those situations he totally ignored it. He’s with this guy about 75% of the time now so I’m sure he’s telling him not to come back.