20y, How do I proceed with this conversation/Have I been rejected?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2018 at 5:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tipswithtim
    Participant
    December 18, 2017 at 12:19 pm #160343

So I met someone during an xmas do and felt like we connected (i found out after I added her on FB she had a boyfriend but not once has she brought it up during texts or when we were speaking face to face) long story short we messaged for about 2 days and the end of the conversation went to this:

Her: It was nice meeting you anyway, we all got along so well
    Me: Yeah u know same for you it was very good
    Her: Until next year
    Me: Yeah u too, if u ever wanna get a drink or whatever let me know
    Her: That would be nice sometime
    Me: Let me know when you’re free and we will sort something out
    Her: 😇

So I’m new to the dating game and I want to know what to do. Like I said I felt like we connected and it was like we met before and our conversation via FB was going so well then out of nowhere she just cuts it. How do I proceed and have I been rejected?

Thanks for your help!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  tipswithtim.

Throwaway359
    Participant
    December 27, 2017 at 6:38 pm #161059

so how long has it been? maybe give it a week or 2 to see if she messages you before you try your luck

chiefs23
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm #161083

I would say this is an appropriate end to the conversation. Like throwaway said, I would give it some time to see if she messages you first, but girls arent always too keen on messaging first. If she doesnt message you after a while, then you have nothing to lose sending something like “Hey, are you still up for that drink?” If she doesnt message back then, then you can assume shes staying faithful to that bf you mentioned.