21 year old dating 40 yr old man.. Real future or just enjoy it for now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

overthinker
    overthinker
    Participant
    July 30, 2015 at 2:52 pm #83444

Before you tell me everything that’s wrong with it hear me out. I am 21 years old and he recently just turned 40. We met randomly at a coffee shop and started talking. I didn’t know his age and he didn’t know mine. During our first date the topic of age came up, I was shocked that he was turning 40. I thought he was 32. He has been divorced for 5 years and has a 7 year old son. I’m not sure what will happen since he travels a lot for work and I am going into my junior year of college. My biggest concern is the perceptions of others because I know he will get the most judgment. I really enjoy the admiration he shows and the support as well as the stability he brings to my life. I think for him what he enjoys most is the positive outlook I bring and the motivation I give him to pursue different things. I like dating older because I like more substance than college guys offer. Could there be a future even with such different lifestyles or should I just enjoy it for now?

lisa1106
    Participant
    July 30, 2015 at 10:13 pm #83448

I REALLY don’t think he’s going to get “the most judgment” he’s getting high-fives all around and free drinks from his buddies. And sex from you. Good luck, gold-digger

tipudas
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 1:27 am #83449

Age doesn’t matter.

alexadating3229
    Participant
    August 4, 2015 at 2:13 pm #83559

wow, someone needs to chill, lisa1106! I suppose that if you really like him, just ask where he sees this going. If he says it’s just a fling, decide if that’s what you want or not. hope that helps!

saurav7757
    Participant
    August 4, 2015 at 3:44 pm #83568

really nice one

vrj
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 11:43 am #83826

sometime being desperate

uttom777
    uttom777
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 9:51 pm #83842

Hi I think you feel a great depression. No thanks. It is not problem If you want to make a short time relation. Because age 40 does not effect on sex, Moreover it is the perfect time for expert sex. I think you certainly build your relationship.