22yr.old is sleeping with her Dads Best Friend who is 46 & Married

• Itsbizarre
    August 19, 2016 at 4:42 pm #108899

My friend who is 22 yrs old, is living with her Dads Best Friend who has been married for 24 yrs. (they have been living in different states so he can be his Mothers Caretaker & she was helping take care of her 96 yr. Old Grandfather). My friend had a crush on him & wanted to date him, even when she knew he had a Wife.. They are now living together, my friend talked him into filing for divorce within 3 months of their relationship, she no longer wants a relationship with her Dad because he does not approve of what she is doing. My friend does everything in her power to keep him from communicating with his Wife, because she found out he wanted to get back with his Wife. My friend is very controlling and has a spoiled attitude, so she knows how to work it, to get what she wants.
    How can I convince her she is making a big mistake ruining her relationship with her Dad & breaking up his Marriage & how gross it is what she is doing with a man old enough to be her Dad, or am I wrong?

August 19, 2016 at 6:51 pm #108936

No you are not wrong. Your friend obviously has no respect for herself. What kind of 22 yr. Old wants to be sleeping with a man that old? Your right, that is just plain GROSS!!! She is obviously just using him, probably financially, thats what most girls her age are doing when they are sleeping with an old man & he is just enjoying getting his Ego stroked, especially if his Wife was gone. Shame on him for cheating on his Wife, destroying his marriage and betraying his best friend’s trust with his daughter. Your friend sounds self-centered if she is choosing sex with someone else’s husband over having a relationship with her Dad. No Good Parent would approve of what your friend is doing. I suggest you try getting your friend to start going out with friends her own age, so she can realize what she is missing out on. And maybe suggest some counseling, to see why she feels the need to destroy other people’s marriage, & why she has no respect for her Dad.

August 19, 2016 at 7:33 pm #108937

Divorce is expensive, I know from experience. I too got myself into a similar experience, except it was not my Best Friends Daughter. I ended up losing my Wife and everything that I had worked so hard for, all for a young girl that had me believing that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. That all changed once she started realizing that my Wife was getting our house, half of my retirement, half of our savings and a substantial amount of monthly alimony.My advice to you, as her friend is to find a new friend that has morals and self respect and does not use others. Once this mans money runs out, I’m sure you wont have to convince your friend of anything, she will probably already be on her way out the door. Hopefully she wakes up and realizes that her Dad is just being a Dad, only trying to protect her. And your right about it being Gross, now that I look back on my life, it really was Gross what I was doing, and how selfish I was at the time, to my Wife.
    Best Wishes

August 19, 2016 at 8:05 pm #108941

I don’t think you are going to be able to convince your friend of anything, its obvious she only cares about herself, otherwise she would not be doing what she is doing. I don’t think she is worthy of having a friend that cares like you do. I suggest finding a new friend, she sounds like bad news. I don’t think you are wrong for how you feel. I could never date my Dads friend, that sounds gross just thinking about it. I suggest finding a new friend also, one that likes men her own age that are not already married to someone else. Any Father that cared would disapprove of a relationship like that. I feel for him losing his relationship with his daughter and best friend. You shouldn’t have to convince your friend of anything, she should have enough common sense to know its wrong!

August 19, 2016 at 8:16 pm #108944

Your not wrong for how you feel. The whole situation is wrong! Try convincing your friend to not have a crush on someone else’s husband, I have no sympathy for “Homewreckers” ! It’s all about them, always

August 19, 2016 at 8:52 pm #108946

You can’t convince “young and dumb” and an old guy, who is “thinking with his wrong head” that they are doing anything wrong. Scenerios like that, never end good for anyone involved.