23 Year old guy, inability to broach and act upon my feelings, lost her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jaker454
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 1:53 pm #90426

Honestly, I have very little relationship experience and I think I just lost a girl because of it. Im the kind of guy who never really cared for a relationship, being in college and all. Ive been spending a lot of time with this new girl over the past few months and we were sleeping togethor, dating, all that. I was able to make the initial month or so of initiation but had no idea how to move things forward / when to. Long story short, she pulled away and went back to her ex boyfriend and when I asked her why, she told me we were in “limbo” and she was “happy with me”, but honestly had no idea how I felt about her. This ex treated her like shit, but honestly he probably told her exactly what she wanted to hear, and knew how to make her feel special. She knew I “liked her” , but I honestly was never able to vocalize my feelings. I knew I was feeling something, but was just happy to be with her and decided to try and play it cool instead of really opening myself up.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  jaker454.

jaker454
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 1:54 pm #90427

Any feedback or thoughts on this? Did I fuck this up?

timboez12
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 11:45 pm #90436

It happens all the time, man. In my experience girls in this type of situation have some inner conflict/issues going on. They know what’s right for them to do, yet they choose the opposite. At this point let this girl go. As much as it hurts to do so now, you’ll realize that it’s best in the long run. It would’ve never worked out in the long run. She just isn’t comfortable in her own skin, as an independent woman yet.