26 Year Age Difference

DATING ADVICE FORUM

26 Year Age Difference

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confused Al
    Participant
    June 6, 2014 at 6:31 am #54656
    26 Year Age Difference

Hi All,
    I am a 47 year old male and have fallen in love with an amazing girl, but she is only 21 or 22. The thing is, she does not know how I feel yet.

I have been married for 24 years, for the most part pretty happy, but has been flat for some time. We talk about divorce from time to time, but neither has made a move.

I am really confused with how I feel about the new girl, this came totally unexpected, I was not out looking for a new love.

The thing is we are just new fiends, and she knows that I am married, so probably at this stage believes happily, as I was not going to say otherwise, so probably has not realized that I am crazy about her.

I wrote a “I am madly in love with you letter”. Should I give it to her? Should I wait and try and build a friendship? There is also another major issue to overcome: She lives in the UK and I live in Australia, which will mean I will have to relocate as well.

Please help

Anonymous
    June 6, 2014 at 10:59 am #54671

Hi Confused Al!

DO NOT give it her!!! Stay away and in integrity of your marriage! Either get a divorce or re-commit to finding the love and passion and happiness that existed before. Do not involve another woman as that only complicates things. I will write more later if you wish…I have to go right now.

I would love to hear why you think you are “in love” with a woman you barely know.

Confused Al
    Participant
    June 6, 2014 at 2:58 pm #54685

It seams strange I know. I know I still love my wife, but not a passionate love. We are companions, mates with little or no intimacy. We slept in separate room for 8 years and only now sleep together recently as we needed the other room.
    Divorcing her would not be an easily decision, as she depends upon me financially and emotionally. There is a strong family bond, despite the lack of passion.
    What is love? I think different things to different people. How do I know I am in love? Its hard to say for sure, but I have not felt like this before about anyone. I would like to be intimate with her for sure, but that makes up by far a small portion of what I am feeling.
    She is very pretty in her own way, stunning to me. But perhaps not in the mainstream view of beauty. In a way your are right, how could I love someone so deeply are such a brief time? Well, I guess I fell in love with her outgoing and caring nature, zest for life and her mannerisms and overall character.

Jennifer
    Participant
    June 7, 2014 at 11:50 am #54733

Eeww. Know the difference between lust and love, man. This girl could be your daughter. And know that women are not stupid. They love to play games and see if they can ‘steal’ married men. I have a sister that had an affair with a guy 20 years older than him – took all his money, ruined his marriage, and left him in the end. Don’t fall for it. Another major issue is that you’re still married to another woman. If you want to date younger women, at the very least, break up with your wife first. Be halfway decent, don’t act like a dog. Nobody appreciates that, and it will hurt you in the end, when both women end up hating and leaving you.

greyheartedgoddess
    Participant
    June 8, 2014 at 9:51 am #54749

Do not leave your wife for this girl. It will be the worst mistake of your life. I promise.

yoman12
    Participant
    June 8, 2014 at 4:24 pm #54756

you know, i just dont understand why a 21 year old girl would be interested in someone so much older(no offense). maybe you should give that a thought..