3 great dates, then he went on vacation for a week…..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 7:53 pm #66756

I’m 30 and started seeing this guy who I’ve known for a couple years as acquaintances. The first date was great. Right off the bat we were comfortable, laughing and had a ton to talk about. We spent the whole night together hopping from place to place, and ended up having a dance party at his place after. We made out and I slept over, but no sex. He took me for breakfast the next morning.
    The following day he invited me out for drinks, but I was busy and declined. We decided to meet another night and met up at a bar later that eve. Another fantastic time, spent the whole night together and I slept over again. We were making out and he stopped, looked at me, and said “I like you.” I told him I liked him too. We didn’t have sex, he didn’t seem to want to. Again, we had breakfast the next day.
    That night he invited me out with his friends so I went after I was finished what I was doing. I knew he was going away for a week so I figured I would see him off, hoping to keep the lines…….

Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 8:00 pm #66757

…..open while he was away.
    He didn’t contact me after a few days of being away. Totally understandable since he’s on vacation, and he’s busy. But I wanted to see how he was doing, so I texted him. I got a reply a day later. It was a light conversation that ended pretty quickly. Makes sense, since he’s on vacay.
    However, he’s been back in town for a couple days and I haven’t heard from him. I’ve decided to wait for him to reach out to me, since he’s the one who’s been gone.
    So I have a few questions:
    – do his previous actions indicate that he is interested in me, beyond just saying so
    – why hasn’t he contacted me since he’s been back, since he seemed to make quite the effort before he went away
    – is it wise for me to contact him in the next day or two, just to see where our convo goes?

I would like to see him again, but I want to approach the situation carefully so no one gets hurt in the end

Participant
    October 29, 2014 at 8:51 am #66758

One more thing….
    Is it possible he’s taking a few steps back because he feels he made a lot of effort before, especially for telling me he likes me?

dyach
    Participant
    October 29, 2014 at 9:44 am #66779

It definitely sounds like he is interested in you because of all the times he asked you out on a date. He could be stepping back a little because he felt he made a lot of effort in all the times he asked you out, but it sounds like you were interested in him also so as long as he could see that you were interested, and you didn’t keep shooting down his efforts then there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be contacting you.

You could contact him one more time and ask him how his vacation went, and if he contacts you back and the conversation goes well, then that’s a good sign. If he is short with you, or doesn’t contact you back, then don’t play his games and just move on. You don’t need to be constantly wondering whether or not he likes you.