DATING ADVICE FORUM

39 year old woman dating 67 year old man

Author
    Comments

• 1977Gurrl
    Participant
    November 1, 2016 at 7:11 pm #116087
    39 year old woman dating 67 year old man

I have loved this guy all my life and recently made a move. Unfortunately we are on opposite sides of the country. 🙁 Just curious what you think. Am I crazy? I know his kids would freak out. His eldest child is same age as me. But if we keep it a secret I think it will be ok right?
    We really like each other.

student22
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 6:14 pm #116193

at the end of the day you should do what you think is best. but keeping it a secret could be hard if you are planning to have a long term rel with this man. and secrets do come out one way or another. would you be ok if you were “busted” being in a rel or would you feel better telling your close ones first? either way they will know. well…unless you guys can somehow manage to keep it a secret. thats risky. be careful!

Jeanlouise
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 11:25 pm #117977

First of all, long distance dating does not keep you warm at night. You are not able to share day to day living and find out what one another does in different situations. You need to know someone in all those little ways, does a string of tangled Christmas lights blow his temper, etc. If you were to get to know him ( in all those day to day ways) and you are a great match, you need to look at your future and decide if you could with-stand possibly not having children because of age differences. Or the fact that he will in all probability die before you and how would you cope with the loss and financial ramifications. Keeping the relationship a secret is not a full relationship. If you have fully evaluated all of these questions and still think it is viable, see what at least a year of dating will bring. It is none of any ones business what you do with your life, but the probability of this relationship lasting is not good.

fi