4th date in, advice needed please

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

toast23
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 3:30 am #86444

So I’ve had 4 dates with this stunning girl. We arrange a date straight after the next and keep texting to a minimum. She said she prefers it that way. We kissed on the 3rd and Untill that point I wasn’t sure if she was fully interested in me. She admitted on our 4th date that was abit of a test for me but regretted doing it straight away as she thought I’d never see her again.

She apparently went to see her friend straight away for advice about if I don’t text her again. She admitted to me that she’s worried that if it gets intimate that il disappear. She said she’s talked to her friends about me when I’ve said something she thought was confusing. That she’s worried I won’t like how inexperienced she is in bed.shes 22 and I’m 25 and she was with her ex for 4 years. She even tried to arrange a 5th date for my birthday before our 4th. So she’s taking me out for a meal somewhere that she’s planning. She repeated a few times that she’s got no idea how to set the pace and doesn’t want to be too slow in progressing but is worried that she might go too fast and that il lose respect for her. All of this is amazing to me because she’s that stunning. How should I approach the next few dates? I really like this girl and I’ve told her I’m not going anywhere. She said she’s not ready for anything serious just wants one date a week for now.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  toast23.
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 4:45 pm #86666

….. I don’t understand her in why she is saying she doesn’t or isn’t ready for anything serious because it seems like she is serious about you and doesn’t want you to leave. She must have been heart broken from her past relationship of 4 years and does not want to get too attached to you to the point that it seems like it’s meant to be but then you lose interest out of nowhere. So she’s keeping her guard up, hoping you’ll still find her interesting and taking it at a slow pace. I don’t know what you can tell her, perhaps keep telling her you’ll be there for her (if you mean it) and show her you are serious by simply acting on it, go on to your dates, message, talk on the phone, yatta yatta. She’s just worried you won’t like her lol 🙂 I too feel like this at times, we’re all young haha

CalebsGirl
    CalebsGirl
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 1:04 am #86683

She sounds interested in you but scared at the same time. It will take time for her to be comfortable around you so just keep reassuring her how much she means to you and how much you care about her, only if you mean every word you say. And if she’s not ready for anything serious, you should respect that as well, most of the time, girls say that when they’re trying to get to know the guy better and seeing that she was in a previous relationship for 4 years, she just doesn’t want to make the same mistake again. All the best

Albina
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 8:02 pm #86729

I agree with the comments above. She is interested, but she is just worried about how not to get hurt/ fooled/ taken advantage of due to her feelings. Just keep doing what you are doing. Let her decide on how fast or slow things should go, but if she is too indecisive, just nudge her on the right direction and after that as long as you don’t prove her fears to be right, you will be great. All the best.