8 years single and given up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LonelyFuckUp
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 6:17 pm #75854

Right Im 26 and have been single for 8 years , i reasontly met a girl i really liked and we hit it off untill i fucked it up by thinking i had a shot with her and now she hates me (her words) so iv given up im not the guy girls fall for. or the type to have friends as i fuck that up too usually around six weeks i really think the world would be a better place with out me

tratra
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 6:22 pm #75953

Hey my man,

This is a realization that changed my entire perspective about friendship and love;
    We are all human, we all share a desire to be decisive, confident, respected, loved etc etc… and we look for that in people around us.

If we can find another human being who is confident, totally positive, and truly sincere people will gravitate towards this person as a beacon of light.

You are looking to connect with others? BE that positive man. Dont just think it, BE it… all day, every day.

Truly sincere, transparent, and honest. Give your work and your hobbies your fullest focus and know that shit will get done. Confidence will follow. And people will always gravitate towards that.

My belief is that sincerity, positivity and confidence are the keys to relating to people.

Know that the person typing this grew up in a home where there was no emotion, or love and it took 10 hard years in the real world to learn how to relate to others.
    Be strong itll happen

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 11:34 pm #75964

Hey man,

We all like to be around happy people, and when we are alone we are not exactly the happiest men in the world, so it’s natural that people stay away from us.

You have to get up every day and convince yourself that you are going to behave like a successful, confident, and happy man, even if you don’t feel at all, you will have to fake it until you make it.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right” Henry Ford

So stop telling to yourself that you are not good with women. Everything in this life requires practice like riding a bike, painting, relating with other people.

Make time to read the book “How to Win Friends & Influence People” by Dale Carnegie, and develop your inner strength, your inner peace.

RenegadeMonster
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 9:30 am #76062

While I haven’t necessarily been single for the past 8 years it certainly feels like it for me. I’m 29 now and haven’t had a serious relationship since college. In the time since college I wasted 3 years chasing a girl that I fell head over heels in love with and didn’t even give a an other girl a shot even when they flirted with me and showed interest. I ended up getting my heat tore a apart by this girl.

Since then I have dated a couple girls who were virgins for a few months but nothing really came out of the relationships. In fact, one of the girls told me she was dating 2 other guys at the same time trying to pick which one she liked the best and I wasn’t really into that and broke it off.

But without being in a serious relationship in quite a while, one of the things I struggle with when dating new girls is I quickly get put in the friend zone and told they don’t think we are romantically compatible. So I feel your pain and that’s trying myself to overcome.

DKing3
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 10:32 am #76066

Look buddy, I actually felt very similar to what you are feeling some months back. Just depressed, no motivation, and just felt I was a person that would not ever even be in a relationship. I am 20 years old and have yet to be in a relationship. Every time I talked with a girl and got my hopes up about being in a relationship it goes and bites me in the ass and she is never interested. I just felt like giving up sometimes. But you know what, I just said to myself and my friends helped talk me through this too, is dont always just go looking, and dont try to force a relationship. Live YOUR life, do YOUR hobbies, and dont look for a girl always. Join clubs and stuff around school. Just try and talk to people just to be friends at first and go from there and stay positive! When you are doing your own thing, when you are passionate about the things you love to do and live your life, it usually looks pretty attractive to girls becasue it shows you are passionate and caring

JeffS
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 12:38 pm #76293

No situation is hopeless unless you give up man. You think you can’t and you’ll prove yourself right. If one woman thinks she is too good for you, drop her like a bad habit. Hold your head high that you aren’t locked into anything with someone who thinks they are better than you. Train yourself to have no fear or rejection. You don’t know why you are getting rejected. And to be confident put your best “you” out there. Clubs, online, bar whatever you are comfortable with. Then play the numbers game. It might take a while but the unbreakable will wins the war of attrition.