A close cousin is still good friends with my ex gf?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 3:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

john3163
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 10:49 pm #142931

My ex dumped me one month ago after almost 2 years together. She lives 4 hours away but goes to college 30 minutes away from me. A good cousin my age (female) also goes to the same school as my ex and they are both in some of the same classes. They have always been decent friends but mostly hung out with their own friends. Although I want my ex back and I have been in NC for the month, my ex is still close with my cousin!!! I always see them liking each others social media posts and it’s like she doesn’t care that my ex broke my heart and is killing me.

Is this right of her? Should I tell her that it is bothering me that she is being so friendly when me and my ex are not happy with each other? It is very awkward knowing this. If they don’t stop, I will not be friends with my cousin anymore.

Since I want my ex back eventually, would it be wise to let them be friends or have minimal contact? I realize it’s not my call but what do you think would make my ex want me back more?

matt_D_2017
    Participant
    July 22, 2017 at 1:51 pm #142944

If your cousin is part of your close family, then I would let your cousin know how you feel. An outsider should never come in between you and your family. If you want your ex back, it would be wise to let them be friends as maybe your cousin can work to get the two of you back together.