a gay mormon

DATING ADVICE FORUM

a gay mormon

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bryan26
    Participant
    May 13, 2013 at 6:24 pm #31086
    a gay mormon

I overheard a cashier describe his lifestyle to some customers and of course my gaydar went off as soon as I saw how tight his button up shirt was and how skinny his suspenders were.

He said he was mormon and was saying how much he had to please his mom by calling and sending a card to her for mother’s day up north. He also mentioned his wardrobe in a bit of detail saying how his boyfriend wouldn’t like how much he spent on the amount of accessories he splurged on this weekend. the girls listening giggled politely…I looked down at my wardrobe and though, would my bf be bothered by how much I spent this weekend on my outfit? Just thinking out loud, but should the more “fashion forward” partner be more or less conscious of how the other spends their money too? If I earned it, I should be able to choose where to spend it right?

DerekJ
    DerekJ
    Participant
    May 14, 2013 at 6:37 pm #31252

Sure, I mean with your example, there could be a lot of insecurities considering religion and acceptance. I don’t think it’s an issue how you spend your $ just don’t let it get in the way of a relationship from being successful..

tony34
    Participant
    May 17, 2013 at 3:22 pm #31538

I think a lot of religious issues can affect a way a (gay) man will behave and especially how he spends his money to look one way or another for their BF. I don’t think a lot of pressure should be put on a guy who wants to wear nice clothes so power to that cashier! Let him flaunt it!

dude4U
    dude4U
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm #40057

If you earned it its yours. If you are living together and sharing expenses it can get a bit more complicated.