A little affection

DATING ADVICE FORUM

A little affection

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

salparadise123
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 12:38 pm #67893
    A little affection

So, I’ve dated this lady four times (I’m 50, so, lady is apropos) and she has shown absolutely no inclination for affection. No flirting. No hand touching. No hugs. Not even in the way a female friend might. Yet, she wants to go out with me again!

Last night she came into the bar and barely acknowledged me and began talking to the bartender (a stranger). Am I wrong to expect a little bit of affection, a little indication that she is happy to see me? I find that my attraction for her is going down dramatically as she continues to be so standoffish. I respect that she is cautious and conservative, but….

At dinner, I finally said, “so what do you think about me?” and she said that that was a weird question, we don’t even know each other, which is true, I have to admit. It is causing me to question whether I am expecting too much.

cal-one
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 1:47 pm #67899

It could be a number of things. It could be that she just likes to move along really slow. Or she likes you and is waiting for you to do something spontaneous that you will sweep her off her feet. Some people still believe in that fairytale prince charming. All in all, if you really like this women, keep trying. Try and find different ways to get her attention. Don’t give up, if you believe she is worth it.

HelpThisWoman
    Participant
    November 22, 2014 at 6:09 am #67955

4 dates isn’t many – too early to tell. How old is she? Do you have chemistry? Can you talk about anything together? I don’t think you should push her because if she’s not interested then she really will run away. If she can’t make up her mind just start dating other people.

JohnShaunson
    Participant
    November 23, 2014 at 7:57 am #67982

If she keeps wanting to go out with you and you are NOT paying for the whole thing every time, then she is interested at least a little bit. If you HAVE been paying every time and she simply isn’t responding she may be trying to catch a free ride.I personally agree with her that “What do you think about me?” is an odd question. It sounds like you are fishing for a compliment (like asking “Aren’t my eyes handsome?”). You should be able to get that info via conversation, hints, compliments, etc. The best way to figure out whats up is to ask her to go on a FUN, FREE date (hopefully you know something about her interests by now). This way, if she says yes she is in it for more than the showering of gifts. Good Luck!