A little help on getting started

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alex88
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 1:09 pm #84221

Hello all,I’m new here but I already like this forum,I’ve got a little question to ask,basically I meet this girl (wich is same age as me 26) on facebook,and we’ve been talking every now and then on facebook chat,now Yesterday I’ve dare to ask her to go out with me saying”would you like to go out sometimes?” and she replied “Sure I think it would be nice to go out 🙂 “, and then I replied saying “great,let me know when you are free then” and she put Ok xxxx..
    As this girl it’s english and I’m Italian but i’ve been living in uk since 2014 I’m a bit afraid of ruin everything what I mean is as we have different culture should I just wait for her to text me,or should I text her in a few days askin like what are u doing tonight? My fear are if I don’t text her she might think I’m not really interest in her,and if I do she might think I’m putting too much pressure on her,so basically I just need to understand how does it work with english girls lool, thanks in advance guys 🙂 🙂

Avey Wilde
    Participant
    August 18, 2015 at 12:11 pm #84318

If you truly are interested in her, respond to her as soon as you can to assure her that you are still interested, yet propose a date a few days or a week in advance, in order to provide both of you sufficient time to prepare.Although you may be of a different culture from the girl in which you are interested, if you are genuine and let her know that you are interested in her, there should be no issues.

alex88
    Participant
    August 18, 2015 at 1:09 pm #84334

ok,thanks a lot for your help,well last time we spoke it was sunday evening when I said to her let me know when you are free and she reply ok,so shall I wait like friday and with the excuse on what she is doing saturday maybe ask if she wants to meet me the saturday after?cheers

traveler
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 1:36 pm #84400

Uh, you basically already asked her out and she said yes. If you wait a long time then you would be giving her mixed signals, IMO. If you wait until Friday for Saturday she’d probably already have plans.

jess38
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 6:52 pm #84550

If she’s anything like me, she’s waiting for you to ask her out in a more direct way than “would you like to go out sometime?” Text her again and ask something more specific, like “Want to get a drink tomorrow night?” When I’ve had guys just ask something vague like “wanna go out sometime?” and then leave it to me, it makes me feel like I’m the one having to ask them out if I need to name the time and place. So, she’d probably like it if you were a little more direct.

anonymousjay
    Participant
    August 22, 2015 at 6:24 pm #84565

Just ask her out! be blunt and honest

alex88
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:31 am #84568

thanks all for the answers :),I really don’t get it anyway,I did ask her if she was busy today because i wanted to go out with her and she said she wasn’t busy and where I was thinking to go,so as why never seen as (I said on the first post) I thought that a walk around our local lake was ok and I thought it was even a nice place where to go actually and then my plan was to ask her to go out for a meal toghether after that steady walk,but she never reply,I don’t get it loool any suggestion?Did I say something wrong?I mean if she said yes to go out then she said yes on going out today and after that proposal she didn’t reply what doesn’t mean?If she didn’t want to come out with me just say no in first place would have been better,I think…bit confussed,thanks again for your answers..

alex88
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:31 am #84579

Ok,thanks a lot for your answers,now I’m a bit confussed as last friday I text to her saying what she was doing saturday and if she wanted to go out,she replied saying that she wasn’t doing anything and where i was thinking to go,so I replied saying that I was thinking to have a walk around our local lakeside,and she never replied to that 🙁 🙁 I thought mine it was a good plan for a first date as I said we’ve never meet each other so far so I thought on something not too far from where she lives and then i thought i was going to ask her out for a meal as well after that little walk,I don’t get why she didn’t reply really if she didn’t want to go out with me why she said yes the first time and why she said yes Yesterday,i’m a bit confussed really i don’t get it any suggestion please?thanks again for your help

alex88
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:32 am #84581

Just ask her out! be blunt and honest

Ok,thanks a lot for your answers,now I’m a bit confussed as last friday I text to her saying what she was doing saturday and if she wanted to go out,she replied saying that she wasn’t doing anything and where i was thinking to go,so I replied saying that I was thinking to have a walk around our local lakeside,and she never replied to that 🙁 🙁 I thought mine it was a good plan for a first date as I said we’ve never meet each other so far so I thought on something not too far from where she lives and then i thought i was going to ask her out for a meal as well after that little walk,I don’t get why she didn’t reply really if she didn’t want to go out with me why she said yes the first time and why she said yes Yesterday,i’m a bit confussed really i don’t get it any suggestion please?thanks again for your help

lot89hour
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 12:18 pm #84632
    Reply To: A little help on getting started

Sounds like she’s keen but still try it little cool

alex88
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 5:05 pm #84662

oooops,sorry guys looks like I’ve posting the same comment few times loool,ok thanks what you mean by little cool could you give me an example please?It’s a hard job this I thought Italian ones were difficult but looks like english ones are same loooooool

alex88
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 11:31 am #84838

anyone please?:)

TheFrapRap
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 10:38 pm #84850

Just being yourself and things will play out. If it’s mean’t to be then she won’t leave, people come and go and if it’s mean’t things will work out