A little help please: could he be interested in me? thanks!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AmeliaPond1
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 12:14 am #106301

Hi,
    There’s this guy in my class who I think might like me.We’re in our late twenties.For a few months now,I’ve seen him staring at me a lot.When we work in labs he always finds excuses to talk,be near me or touch my hand while exchanging things.He’s very helpful & polite at all times. Although he has many female friends,& is relaxed with them,other people & professors,when it comes to me he sometimes completely ignores me,gets nervous or blushes when he sees me.Sometimes he comes up to say hi and tries to talk.I added him on Facebook & so far have started the conversation thrice.Every time,he responds within seconds,minutes tops,seems eager to talk,& gives long replies.But he hasn’t initiated a conversation yet.When we last met,I didn’t say hi at first b/c I didn’t see him coming in,&he was grumpy through out class.When I said hi at the end of class,his face lit up & we ended up chatting a while.His mood improved after that.
    So does he like me? Is he shy? Or am I totally wrong here?

Frankie0305
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 2:20 am #106302

I think you should ask him out to coffee or lunch. Take the first step with no expectations, pull him from that environment so maybe he will feel a little bit more relaxed and than go from there. You can probably tell a lot by his mannerism, and just general body language when you see him for coffee or lunch. I think that will be less threatening, just friendly, and you can go from there.

Louie97
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 2:42 pm #106352

I definitely think he’s interested in you

gradstudent91
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 6:02 pm #106366

From this description – mood changes, nervousness, blushing – it seems like he’s definitely interested. It sounds like he has a crush on you; I agree that if you are also interested it might be a good idea to ask him to coffee/lunch or something low-key.

penguin623
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 10:03 pm #106370

It sounds like he may be a little shy around you because he likes you. Just be really friendly towards him and try your best to make him feel comfortable. I agree that if you’re interested in him it would be a great idea to ask him to grab some coffee or a light lunch sometime with you! Hope that helps!

tfang
    Participant
    July 25, 2016 at 6:02 pm #106473

I think he’s definitely interested

lankan_man
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 2:37 am #106488

He likes you!!!

ginandtonic
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 8:56 am #106495

Ask him to hang out outside of class and you will know whether he is interested.

StrozerKat
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 12:18 am #106773

Sounds to me like he likes you. 🙂

amcook5
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 1:59 am #106779
    Reply To: A little help please: could he be interested in me? thanks!

As a shy male, it sounds like he is clearly a shy male who is interested in you

ears
    Participant
    July 30, 2016 at 2:03 am #106967

Great idea.

AmeliaPond1
    Participant
    August 3, 2016 at 12:32 am #107299

Thanks so much for all your opinions,they really encouraged me.. The trouble is he never initiates conversation. Yet every time I text him we end up talking for hours.. It gets really confusing some times. Besides I am equally shy so I’m totally clueless how should I approach him…

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 5, 2016 at 8:43 am #107588

I can bet that he likes you very much. He won’t reject your offer to having lunch or teatime with you. Voice out your offer if you are equally interested in him and everything will just set in place by itself.

Littlelittle87
    Participant
    August 6, 2016 at 6:08 am #107711

He sounds like he is into you, just shy