a little paranoia

DATING ADVICE FORUM

a little paranoia

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

blackbird glide
    blackbird glide
    Participant
    October 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm #15780
    a little paranoia

I’m normally one to say- be confident- keep your head up- but I will admit it’s tough. I was walking down the street with my gf and we were holding hands and it was RIDICULOUS how many stares and double-takes people made just as we walked by.

I guess besides paranoia it’s also just frustration. I’m not licking her face in public, geezus! ugh just a little rant for today.

wassupJD
    wassupJD
    Participant
    October 29, 2012 at 6:11 pm #15834

I feel you. My gf is really cute but just came out, so she’s still a little shy about holding hands in public or whatever. She’d rather stay in and watch tv, which is fine sometimes, but i really like going out and hanging with her and my friends in public, like at a bar or something.

I guess it’ll take time.

iwontforgetthishaha
    Participant
    November 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm #89093

Think I’m replying a little too late

iwontforgetthishaha
    Participant
    November 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm #89094

Maybe not!

Camouri
    Camouri
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 6:49 pm #89758

When I first was dating my girlfriend she felt the same way, shame and cussing at people for staring at us. She has a fiery personality. Hehe, BUT what I did was just grab her hand and let her focus on me instead of all the staring. When someone would honk at us or whistle and I could feel her getting upset, I’d run with her somewhere where no one would see us and I’d squeeze her tight and tell her, “It’s not worth it to focus on things so negative. Just gaze into my eyes and kiss me. If they want something to stare at, I’ll give them something! I love you and I’m proud to have you.” After that she got more and more comfortable holding my hand. She ends up clinging to me when someone honks or whistles. Or she ends up grabbing my hand and running the other way in order to say what I said to her when she was insecure. I’m so proud of her for not focusing on the negative side of things. Just smile and keep walking! They aren’t worth the feeling of embarrassment or shame! Good luck!

lg_1996
    Participant
    December 9, 2015 at 9:17 am #89783

its easy