A Stalemate Love Story, I seriously need your advice on how to proceed!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CharlieFox
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 10:15 am #57928

Hey everyone, my name is Charlie, from UK, I’m a guy in his 20s and I seriously need your advice. This is going to be a somewhat long read, because I want to explain the situation as clear as possible, so I hope you stay with me till the end.

Last year, I met a girl that joined my language school class. She was new in town, coming to start her Master degree here as well. As I am quite sociable, I approached her almost immediately (in fact, she said later that one of her first fond memories was me, the first person to approach her when she came and didn’t know many people). At first I didn’t feel an attraction to her honestly, but that allowed me to be quite flirty and quite open to her without feeling nervous around her or anything, and I asked her out very quickly, to which she agreed. During our first meet, we found out that we actually have a lot in common, particularly in terms of past experiences and views on things and views on our lifestyles.

CharlieFox
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 10:17 am #57929

We stayed in touch since I had to leave the class and start my masters, and went out a few times, some of which we’re just going together to places, for example to find out information about things in our university, but anyway, all of those were wonderful times where we got to know more about each other. Since we didn’t have a proper date, I soon asked her out to go see a recent movie. Then came her rejection – she told me that a while ago, she decided to not date any guys, because she was still recovering from a past relationship, and still had some baggage she was carrying over. She said she wanted to be single for a while. I didn’t realize that would make me feel as bad as I felt, because for the past 4 years I haven’t been so much into a girl as I was now. I got rejected a few times before, but I didn’t really care because it was just casual dates so I always found it easy to move on to the next girl. Anyway, I handled it, said I respect her decision, and proceeded to move on…

CharlieFox
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 8:35 am #57930

After a few days she contacted me, concerned if I will ignore her from now on, because she still liked my company and would like to be in contact with me regardless. I said it was cool, but was still determined to not initiate any contact and just forget about her and focus on other girls and things. But, just like in a movie, life happened to find ways for us to bump into one another under the weirdest circumstances. We both even joked about it later, how we keep meeting unexpectedly, but anyway… One of these times, as we were greeting with kisses on the cheeks, we accidentally went for the wrong cheeks and just… kissed. She reacted very nervously, blushed and laughed a lot, but was very playful about it, and since we couldn’t stay together much longer because we were going different ways, I texted her later on to apologize if it made her uncomfortable. She said it was funny, and that she would like to keep in touch with me (because at the time I didn’t text her for a period of time).

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 24, 2014 at 8:38 am #58090

Well, she obviously is attracted to you and likes you; however, she has made it clear that she isn’t ready for a relationship. Why not try to keep things up as they were BEFORE you asked her on the “real” date? By NO means am I telling you to wait for her to come around, that’s ludicrous in my opinion. Continue to go out and meet other females, but still be around. Don’t just cut off contact and make her feel god-awful because of it.