A Summer Trainee at work

DATING ADVICE FORUM

A Summer Trainee at work

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hamadidou
    hamadidou
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 11:35 am #83865
    A Summer Trainee at work

Hello guys, I just found this girl at work (she started yesterday) I already engaged her in conversation, but mostly with the Trainees group (I know it’s not good to do that, it’s a friendzone ticket) but I go with them to lunch and I already have her number and Facebook.
    So I have been avoiding her since generally if I’m not subtle, flirting is not very well perceived in my company, and I would like to escalate to ask her to a cafe on a Saturday/Sunday, I know this request has to be done one-to-one and I already phoe-called her so I don’t want to seem too needy by calling again after work.
    I am stupid at Facebook game also so I don’t want to explore that area.
    About her, she’s neither interested nor hooked, and I haven’t been very direct, (only some vague compliments that can friendzone me more than anything else)
    So, do any of you have any idea how I can ask her on that date subtly without being needy – pushy – non confident ?

JeffS
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 4:02 pm #83971

I’d be hesitant to date someone who worked at my workplace due to potential backlash from any possible drama. If I wanted to date someone through work, I would probably find a common interest and ask them if they wanted to do said common interest on a weekend if they’re free. I’m terrible at this though, I usually meet people online for a reason.