A taken man

DATING ADVICE FORUM

A taken man

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopelessromantic25
    Participant
    September 27, 2017 at 9:16 pm #150674
    A taken man

So , I like this guy. I see him almost everyday when I go to the store he works at. The past month or so he has been really flirty. Then I find out he has a ” girlfriend”. She is away at college. He asked me to go to the bar with a mutual friend and I agreed to go. We had a few drinks and he told me I could stay over his house so I wouldn’t have to drive. I did. We were laying in his bed watching a movie and he kissed me. I immediately pulled away and asked about his girlfriend and he explained to me that she doesn’t consider him her boyfriend and she hooks up with other guys while at college. He told me we could have sex if I wanted to but it would be a one time thing , because he doesn’t know if him and this girl are going to end up getting serious. He said he knew this was coming and wanted to get it out of the way. This way, he wouldn’t be tempted to do it if their relationship becomes more serious. We had sex and I am catching feelings. What can I do to make him want me?????

jcqlnky
    jcqlnky
    Participant
    October 1, 2017 at 11:25 am #151055

To me this sounds like a guy that is going to do nothing but hurt you if you catch feelings. I know that’s not what you’re asking, but unless you know for a fact that their relationship is this way the girlfriend could have no idea that is what he’s doing. aka telling you one thing and her another. If you really want him to want you, it sounds like he already does in at least one way. I’d make sure they are broken up for real, then try going on dates that don’t include sex and show him how awesome you are.

daydreaming93
    daydreaming93
    Participant
    October 4, 2017 at 5:34 pm #151504

So if you believed that he is Aware his gf sleeps around and still is with her while attempting to sleep with you, he’s Clearly just trying to have fun. Even if he’s serious with you, what makes you think he’ll leave his gf if he hasn’t already. My advice is to just have fun with him and try not to catch feelings. Or leave him alone because for all you know, he’s probably lying about his gf sleeping around to get you to unwind, ya know?

ISA_ariete
    ISA_ariete
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 9:35 am #151557

My suggestion: change street.

Anonymous
    October 6, 2017 at 4:59 am #151694

To me this sounds like a guy that is going to do nothing but hurt

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 1:10 pm #151811

never ever ever get involved or allow yourself to become interested in somebody who’s already committed to somebody else. Why? If they’re still committed to them it means you are just a side dish and nothing more. If they are going to leave them, they woudl have already.

And even if they do eventually, it means they’re also going to cheat on you later and break up with you while datign somebody else behind your back (just like they did WITH you and they were with somebody else).

You lose.. regardless. Find soembody else.

Prism
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 1:51 pm #151822

Don’t get involved. He has a girlfriend.

UnusualWoman
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 6:57 pm #151893

He’s not a good idea. Even if the girl didn’t consider him boyfriend, he obviously considered her something. So if it were so serious that the one night stand would be the last then I highly doubt that he told you the truth, nor do I for-see him being a faithful guy.