A very hard decision – PLEASE ANY ADVICE. part

Author
    Comments
  • confused heart
    confused heart
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 7:06 am #139002
    A very hard decision – PLEASE ANY ADVICE. part

I have been dating a guy for a bit over 3 years now. He lives about an hour away from me. He has a 17 yr old son and has him most weekends and his son lives with his mum.
    I live with my 17 year old daughter and I’m a sole parent.
    I call him 9 times out of 10 and I go to his house and arrange for my daughter to stay at a friend’s to spend time together. He’s always glad to see me and I thought things were going well. I have told him I love him and he hasn’t said it back. A few weeks ago we had a conversation that I felt needed to happen. He does not like confrontation, and nor do I but was the one doing all travelling admittingly not much unless it was a day trip 2 hrs there and back. I also asked him why he never calls me and he didn’t say anything. We had a few drinks and only a few but we don’t drink a lot of alcohol. He told me he really deeply cared for me but wasn’t ” In love with me”. In hindsight I probably already new that. I had wondered at times whether it was worth it,

confused heart
    confused heart
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 7:12 am #139003

PART 2.

A week ago I was asked out by a friend’s friend. He seems to be very much a gentleman and seems very interested in listening to what I do. we both work in the same profession. I politely said no as I was seeing someone.
    After a lot of thought and tears im wondering am I better off to end the relationship I’m in, maybe there is someone else out there who will accept me and even love me back. Thoughts please

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 1:24 pm #139062

the dreaded “but i’m not in love with you” probably means it is grounded and over – just a matter of time.
    yes.. time to cut it and heal, take some time off… then go and find somebody that is totally into you.

MarcusWilson
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 11:17 pm #139120

Sounds rough. I have to agree with the above here.

Louie97
    Participant
    June 11, 2017 at 2:58 pm #139161

wow…he had the gall to say he does not love you back…”when someone shows you who they are believe them”. Move on from him..never let anyone half love you. You deserve a love that is reciprocated. P.S: The gentleman that you turned down because you were seeing this jerk seems worth giving a shot

labradoodle14
    labradoodle14
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 9:14 am #139139

People aren’t always meant to be monogamous. I think a big problem with society is that we think, ” I need to have a wife or a husband and I need to settle down “. The truth is we are crazy, and its just not practical to have such a close relationship. It hasn’t work out for either of you up to this point. Just tell him you were tripping and keep things casual. Eventually he might feel comfortable enough to be around you in that capacity, but this isn’t something you should push. Find challenging vices that are engaging and valuable to society to take part in and work on building closer relationships with people in general.