About to give up on online dating and starting to consider matchmaking services.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

About to give up on online dating and starting to consider matchmaking services.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

matchlove
    Participant
    November 19, 2017 at 9:41 pm #156922

I’ve tried what feels like just about every online dating service out there, and feel like it’s not helping me. The women I’ve met online just aren’t very responsive to my messages, and I think I’m going to try another option to meet a woman.

I came across the website for A Foreign Affair, and it looks pretty promising. They offer real matchmaking services and you get to meet the women face to face. They also advertise the fact that they offer tours to countries all around the world where you have the chance to meet hundreds of women. So I just wanted to ask: have any of you tried matchmaking services? Did it work out for you? Is there anything I need to look out for, or anything I can look forward to? Thanks in advance!

we1234
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 12:26 pm #157286

This is not something I would personally consider but if it interests you then do some research and see how it goes.

There are a couple of documentary type movies on this if you have Netflix or Google search. It will show you what to expect & how it works.

Yenisei
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 12:41 pm #157758

I once saw a German documentary on US guys going on one of these tours to Ukraine. The young ladies just met them to practice their English and get taken out for dinner- they had no intention of moving to the US to be with some middle-aged guy.
    IMHO, the real problem with these arrangements is that everything is done en masse and a lack of exclusivity is actually encouraged- everyone has the opportunity to talk to large numbers of people and it’s hard to focus on a single person or just a few, which leaves people constantly looking for someone better and also unfulfilled. I have no idea if they exist, but matchmaking services that aren’t such so massive and allow you to drill down ganularly would seem to me to be a better bet. Just a thought.

Shannon
    Shannon
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 10:17 pm #157820

Hi, it sounds like a really clever idea to give up on online services as they are;t working out for you. What have you tried when it comes to meeting and dating women in your local area? Had you been in any serious relationships before? How did that go? I would be reticent to try the overseas tours as it seems to me that if finding love is tricky at home, then clearing the issues blocking love from your life would be a better way to go. Best of luck.