Advice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Advice?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 3:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AnimatedAneurin
    AnimatedAneurin
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 11:14 pm #169383
    Advice?

I just had a talk with a girl that I’ve been with for a month. Things were going well but she said that she wants to be just friends, I told her she was giving me mixed signals and I know that there is something between us, she reluctantly agreed. She then said she doesn’t want to catch feelings but she still wants to be affectionate.

What do I do?

PRW
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 9:53 am #169535

“I just want to be friends” means “I don’t want to have your babies”

It means you did not present yourself well and she lost attraction to you. You didn’t give any details, but in most cases it is because the guy failed to present himself as centered, emotionally strong, confident, and masculine.

Go to YouTube and find the channel called Coach Corey Wayne (I am not him, nor do I represent him). Search within the channel for the key words Friend Zone. There are hours worth of video material on the subject. He is one of the best out there at explaining the Friend Zone and why it happens.

Ractii_7
    Ractii_7
    Participant
    April 4, 2018 at 3:25 pm #169599

I don’t think theres anything you can do about that, gotta find someone else and do better.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 5, 2018 at 2:40 pm #169715

“…she said that she wants to be just friends.” which translates into “I don’t see (you) as being {the one}!”

“She then said she doesn’t want to catch feelings but she still wants to be affectionate.”
    Sound like she might be open to a “friends with benefits” arrangement.

However if you want something serious from her you probably should just avoid it altogether because you’re likely to be the one who gets hurt.
    Being “affectionate” with a “friend” only works if that’s what (both people) want out of it. Clearly she wants to keep her “options” open.

nancy_rowlet
    nancy_rowlet
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 2:51 am #169774

Like the others stated, you’re headed straight to the FWB zone. One thing you can do is change the course of your mind and play along with it.

TupTup98
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 10:17 pm #169864

Maybelline give IT some time and Play along with IT Maybe things Wil change by time

UserF
    Participant
    April 7, 2018 at 10:11 am #169871

You didn’t impress her and she thinks she can find someone better but your presence is convenient for her in the meantime.
    You either dump her or play hard to get few months and see how it evolves.