Advice after screwing up over text with a girl I like!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• AlwaysFindingPie
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 4:51 am #141344

Hey all,

Backstory:
    So I was working away in a shopping centre two weeks ago and met a girl who worked in a retail store there. I went into the shop she worked on Saturday and was speaking to her for about an hour (when she should of been working) and got her number. I texted her later that night and she came to meet me for drinks as it was my last night there. She seemed really interested in me and shown all the tell tale signs, such as:

We kissed and held hands
    She said she wanted me to ask for her number a few days before
    She came in work every to see me
    She came for drinks because was my last night there

We text the following sunday and Monday just general chit chat, going watching her play soccer, and going for drinks a week later when I’m back in her town. The only problem is I am going travelling around the country soon. This is where I fuck up!

AlwaysFindingPie
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 4:59 am #141345

How I fuck up:

I tell her I only want to go her town before I go travelling to see her. She says she doesn’t want me to go out for my way for nothing but to go travelling instead. I said I would like to see her and then she said she would like that. We start speaking about when she is free and then I ask her out on a date. She says she doesn’t know if its a good idea if I am travelling soon. I say that’s fair enough but I still like to see her. She doesn’t respond for a day and I text her asking how her night was. She replies and ask how am I but then doesn’t respond again. I message her a day later saying I will be in her town in a few days and if she is free it would cool if we could go for drinks. She doesn’t reply. I message her a few days later saying that I haven’t heard from her which is fine and also said looking back I could see how I have made her uncomfortable but it was lovely to meet her. No response again.

AlwaysFindingPie
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 11:10 am #141346

Is there anyway I can salvage this situation? I know I most likely came across needy and could of texted her better but I really do think she is cool. I was just thinking of texting her in a couple of weeks time keeping it light hearted and asking how she is.

comperko
    Participant
    July 7, 2017 at 3:25 pm #141393

You already sent her few messages in a row without reply so I wouldnt text her again because it would just make you look even more needy.The only thing you can do now probably is to wait if she texts you because you already sent her more texts.At the very most I would wait 2 weeks try to text her for the last time and if she doesnt reply again its probably time to let go and wait if she initiate text herself.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    July 7, 2017 at 6:17 pm #141395

To be honest, I don’t see a problem with anything that you did. I think you were generous to her and you approached her in a nice manner. Not to mention, I think that messaging her constantly after she ignores you is a BONUS but as @comperko said, try one more time and if she doesn’t respond, don’t bother anymore bud.

dgriff5153
    Participant
    July 7, 2017 at 9:33 pm #141397

I don’t see that you did anything wrong. I say text her still

1892Guy
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 5:22 am #141403

I think maybe you have to leave it for a while. If you’ve already text her a few times and she hasn’t responded you might be making her feel uncomfortable

Girl1980s
    Girl1980s
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 4:08 am #141420

From what you said I don’t think you said or did anything wrong. She could have thought you might be coming off as pushy about seeing her. But if that was the case then she should have just said so. I would just give it some time and see if you hear back from her. I think all you can do now is wait it out. It wouldn’t be good to keep texting her especially if she wants to be left alone.

AlwaysFindingPie
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 10:31 pm #141445

Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it a lot! It’s been a week now since I last texted her. I am going to wait for a at least a few more days before texting her again and then just taking it from there. Judging from all your comments I think this sounds reasonable.