Advice for getting back together as friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brokenhearted30
    Participant
    June 7, 2017 at 9:09 am #138678

My boyfriend of a year and a half and I broke up a month ago due to some political issues and my anger management issues. We both really love each other and are good friends and went to prom together. We had such an amazing time, which made both of us think on a lot of things. We took a break with some contact for a month and met today. He told me that he doesn’t want to stop loving me and that he sees a future with me, but that it wasn’t the time yet. He wanted friendship so we worked out a plan where we would be friends with Boundaries, where we would be friends with the intention of dating in the future if all went well. We are taking a month off for self reflection, and then will try to start with friendship. I really really love him and don’t want to mess this up. What can I do to grow for myself and for my relationship? I’ve been targeting my anger management, but how can I foster friendship with him to a productive level? Also, what are we at this point? He says we are broken up