Advice: How to Approach

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AdamS
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:22 pm #61216

So here’s what’s up(I’d prefer if you read this so you can base your comments on this)
    I’m 15 and a girl that I knew, and liked is now going to my highschool giving me mixed feelings.
    My relationship w/ her:
    We knew each other around 3-5 years ago when we were smaller and living in the same neighbourhood. We spent time outside together a lot, but never got really intimate. I enjoyed talking, and playing with her, and I think(hope) that she enjoyed it too. I recall telling her once that “I loved her” but that was when I was 10 or so, so I didn’t know what I was saying. When I was 11 or so, at one of my b-days, she asked me if I meant what I said a while ago(“I love you”). I was shy at that time, so I avoided the question as much as I could.

Now that she’s at my school, I realize that I’m spending a lot of time thinking about her, and of all the experiences we’ve had. Another one is: her sitting beside me while I was playing the piano. Right now, I have no idea at all how to approach he

AdamS
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:26 pm #61217

her.
    Some other info:
    1-We take the same local bus home but she’s always sitting with her guy/girl friends so I don’t want to engage in a convo as it would be way too awks
    2-I see her 2-3 times every day @ school, and sometimes she’s with her friends, but occasionaly when she’s alone and looks at me while looking at me, she tends to look away(which I hope/pray is a good sign)
    3-I skateboard near her house everyday but again, she’s always with friends, and with her mom picking up her sibling from a close school.

Lately, we managed to add each other on facebook, and I’d prefer if you guys suggested what I say to her(on facebook). Note: I don’t want to reveal my feelings but something like “I remember our past…” blah blah is cool. Also, getting her #, chatting a bit, and then getting the confidence to talk to her is how I’d prefer it to go.

Advice?

AdamS
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 8:47 am #61720

Bump!

AdamS
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 8:49 am #61722

If anyone has advice,
    I’d love to hear it.

AdamS
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm #61810

Anyone? :I

AdamS
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 7:31 pm #61906

Please respond.
    Bump

Quirks
    Participant
    September 13, 2014 at 4:34 pm #61921

You seem a little shy (not wanting to go over and talk to her in front of a group). Maybe try messaging her through facebook, or whatever kids your age use (I’m so old I remember AOL). Don’t start off by asking about dating, or anything. Just work on being friends first. Conversation starters like “hey, remember how we used to…”, or “do you remember the time when…”, or even just “hi, how are things going?” would work. Don’t expect her to necessarily respond by immediately wanting to date or whatever. Just be friends, and then go from there if things seem right.

KittyHammer
    KittyHammer
    Participant
    September 13, 2014 at 6:37 pm #61929

1) You are in high school. “How long” you know each other does not matter. Based on her sitting beside you while you play piano…I will let you in on a secret.

Should I tell you? Ignore this if you plan to not to take action. This is for shy guys only that will make a decision and act.

…She is currently comfortable with you. Girls will sit close to a guy if:
    1) She is comfortable.
    2) She likes you.
    I’d prefer if you guys suggested what I say to her(on facebook).
    Here’s a perfect one: “Hey, I want us to hang out alone after school. Want to do that on (Wednesday) or (Friday).
    If she accepts, then you can ask for her number because it’s is the most comfortable thing for you to do.
    If you read up to here; you just gained the secrets to move this forward as you requested. If you don’t apply any advice you just read…well she will move on to another guy very fast.

Daina.1980
    Participant
    September 14, 2014 at 12:37 am #61936

Get out of your shell and try new things