Advice needed

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Advice needed

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ls7ur
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 11:57 pm #148405
    Advice needed

Hello,

I met this girl while hiking. We spoke for 2-3 hours going down the mountain and eventually exchanged contact info. I messaged her that night that I’d like to take her for dinner to get to know her more. she replied saying that she will taking me up the offer when her schedule frees up a bit. I wasn’t sure if that was a nice rejection on her end or she was actually busy. Normally when someone agrees to meet but doesn’t give a timeline, I move on, but I really like this girl and I wouldn’t want to move on without another chance. How and when do I follow up with her without sounding too pushy or desperate.

thanks!

rikatah
    Participant
    September 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm #148546

Usually my rule is two attempts, and then I let it go unless they set something up, because otherwise I am investing my energy into something I don’t think the other person will. I would wait a couple weeks to a month at the longest, or a convenient time like a holiday that you think she may be more readily available.