Advice needed please..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Advice needed please..

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

shyactor
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 6:25 pm #66680
    Advice needed please..

Having had a lot of poor response from online dating sites, I finally came across a woman who seemed right for me. She agreed, and after a fair amount of messaging between us, we agreed on a date for drinks.

The date went really well- a couple of hours of chat that felt like 30 minutes. Afterwards, when I’d climbed down a little from the clouds, I sent her a quick text to thank her for the lovely evening, and soon got a nice one back:

“Thank you for everything. I had a good time. Enjoy the weekend.”

The next day, I sent her a followup, asking if I could buy her dinner next week. Since then.. I’ve heard nothing. Now, it’s only been a couple of days, but in those days she has modified her online profile to preferences that would now exclude me.

So… I’m guessing it’s not good news. But are there any other reads?

Zalech13
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 11:17 pm #66685

I’d say the ship has sailed my friend, sorry. But keep at it; if there’s one girl who will say yes there must be another, right?

Also, one mistake I believe you made was that you texted her to ask her out the second time. Big no-no. You need to CALL her if you want to stand out and seem confident. I say from experience that asking a girl out over text rarely ever works.

Also also, just a random pro tip you might find useful. When you first meet a girl in person that you met online, greet her with a hug… NO HANDSHAKES!!!! Trust me, this will score you major points right off the bat. Assuming you don’t feel her up in the process…..keep it classy 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Zalech13.

shyactor
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 8:26 am #66681

I was thinking of waiting a bit more, then saying something like:

“I think I know the answer to this, but just in case: If you’ve decided I’m not for you, then I’ll respect your decision and move on. But I just thought I’d check that my text didn’t get lost somewhere, and that you aren’t waiting for me to say something else”

Given how well things went, it seemed to end very abruptly, and out of nowhere for me.

shyactor
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 8:26 am #66692

Yeah, you’re probably right- somewhere or other I goofed.

Will there be another? Doubt it. I’ve been on enough dates now to know that this one went far, far better than any of the others had been, and that’s why I’m so bemused that it’s just… stopped.

smith1388
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 6:47 pm #66930

You can’t change what she feels about you, so I would just say date more girls 😀 I went on an awesome date with a girl once and I felt like we hit it off great. But after that she just broke off all contact with NO EXPLANATION. Girls just do that sometimes. They play off emotions, and they might feel like they like you at first, but after they have time to think about everything, they realize different things.

fdsa1234
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 10:54 pm #66943

hmm ok