Advice Needed! Seeing two guys at once?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

awkotaco
    Participant
    May 6, 2014 at 11:47 pm #52343

Hello,

Well, I am a 19 year old girl in college, and I just finished my freshman year. I go home in a few days, and I find my love-life in quite a triangle. I had a boyfriend back home that I was with for my entire senior year of high school, I am going to school ~2.5 hrs away. We broke up during spring break (mid-March) officially, but decided to treat it as taking time for ourselves, maybe figuring it out in the summertime how we feel. Honestly, I believe the strain on our relationship was caused by the distance because whenever I went home, and whenever he came to visit things were wonderful again; bear in mind this was ~1 weekend a month. Now I met a guy at school I really like, that has taken an interest in me all semester, especially when he knew I was technically not with my ex anymore. He also lives the town over from me, so it’s not like I will not see him in the summer. This situation is further complicated but this is all I can explain; it probably seems obvious.

Anonymous
    May 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm #52391

The new guy you are interested in has been filling the void you have with your boyfriend. He may not be all that you think he is once you start dating him. It is merely the fact that you are lonely and missing being with your boyfriend that this guy’s attention id grabbing your attention. You and your boyfriend could try to find more time to talk to each other on the phone whenever you cannot go see him or he cannot come see you. Or maybe there could be a way to see each other more than just one weekend a month. If you really do not want to do the long distance thing anymore, you should talk to and break up with your boyfriend for good before dating the other guy, so no one gets hurt.

mark12397
    Participant
    May 7, 2014 at 5:59 pm #52395

Yeah to me it does seem pretty obvious. Things fizzled out with your ex, I mean you both wanted to break up, regardless of whether or not that one weekend a month was great. You have a new, better opportunity with this new guy, and you’ll see him as much as you want. Go for him.

Anonymous
    May 8, 2014 at 2:36 pm #52467

i need help