Advice on dating a rich woman when you're not rich?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 19, 2014 at 7:23 pm #66178

I’ve known this woman for a while now, she’s a regular customer at the auto shop that I work at. We’ve always talked to each other every time she’s come when I’m there. I really like her and think she’s gorgeous, she’s also very sophisticated which I find attractive. Now she’s asked me out to dinner at a nice restaurant in town. The problem is I’ve never dated a rich woman before, I don’t know how they are different from women who aren’t rich. Is there anything I should know about how they behave or what they like?

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    October 19, 2014 at 11:15 pm #66193

If she was the one who asked you out then she’s definitely not concerned with you are rich or not. My advice to you is to be yourself, that’s the reason she asked you out in the first place. The stereotype dictates that rich people are arrogant so you want to be opposite of that is that is truly you. Again just be yourself.

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 19, 2014 at 11:47 pm #66195

If she was the one who asked you out then she’s definitely not concerned with you are rich or not. My advice to you is to be yourself, that’s the reason she asked you out in the first place. The stereotype dictates that rich people are arrogant so you want to be opposite of that is that is truly you. Again just be yourself.

Thank you, I guess I was just a little nervous at first, but I’ll just be myself like I have been.

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 12:02 am #66196

It’s intimidating isn’t it? Be yourself and be confident, and be comfortable. In a situation like this it would be best to feel as comfortable as possible. She’s not after your wallet, she wants someone she can feel comfortable with me so if you feel intimidated or too nervous it will not give her a sense of security. Having a woman who is more successful than us can also lower our self esteem, and that’s the exactly the thing you want to avoid, instead use that give you even more confidence to push you to achieve even more. Good luck

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 8:37 am #66197

Yeah, I’ll try to stay as comfortable as possible, although I think she likes it when my face gets red when she says hi to me lol.

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 8:40 am #66199

It’s intimidating isn’t it? Be yourself and be confident, and be comfortable. In a situation like this it would be best to feel as comfortable as possible. She’s not after your wallet, she wants someone she can feel comfortable with me so if you feel intimidated or too nervous it will not give her a sense of security. Having a woman who is more successful than us can also lower our self esteem, and that’s the exactly the thing you want to avoid, instead use that give you even more confidence to push you to achieve even more. Good luck

I’ll try to be as comfortable as possible, although I think she likes it when my gets red when she says hi to me lol.

Anonymous
    October 20, 2014 at 11:11 am #66235

I dont understand why money is your biggest concern. What you really need to worry about is can you give and do the things she needs from the relationship?

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 2:47 pm #66254

I dont understand why money is your biggest concern. What you really need to worry about is can you give and do the things she needs from the relationship?

You’re right, I used to wonder how I could satisfy her when she has all the money to get what she wants, but now I know better…

maxie
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 7:02 pm #66276

Rock on Billy!

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 7:08 pm #66279
    Reply To: Advice on dating a rich woman when you're not rich?

Rock on Billy!

Thanks man! I like your pic too

Billy Barnett
    Participant
    October 21, 2014 at 2:57 pm #66293

Thank you Me Too, we both had a fun time! It went great.

Bobby
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 8:07 pm #66405

Right on man!

Alec Ross
    Participant
    October 22, 2014 at 11:31 pm #66416

Just try to be yourself anytime you are with her. I have a woman that buys me anything I want she showers me with gifts and we are both from different races.