Advice on if I should pursue a girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 9:56 pm #49330

This girl and I are both in a very rigorous engineering program (let’s just say top 10 in the country) and are extremely busy. Although I’m not in really any extracurriculars so I’m far more lazy, but she is in many many organizations and is crazy hard working. I started talking to her about three weeks ago and have developed a gigantic crush on her. I finally had enough of just making myself miserable over her and asked her out in person and told her how i felt. She said she had just gotten out of a really bad relationship, but I’ve been rejected enough times to be cynical about women just being nice to me. I asked if i could have her number at least to try and talk with her more outside of class(she’s a really hard person to talk with during the day because she is so busy , trust me i took every chance i could). She gave it, and i’ve had it for a couple of days. She responds to me promptly sometimes, but I’ve had to initiate the conversation a couple times to “revive” the convo.

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 10:03 pm #49331

Idk if I should just give up on ever getting with this girl, or I’m just over analyzing everything. She has been ridiculously busy these past couple days with flights and school work (spring break travel), so I can understand the very broken amount of texting. But i hate having to reinitiate a convo, it’s only been three days and I’ve already had to do it twice. I’ve learned from my high school mistakes (I was mister text girl every hour even if she didnt reply), and if it hasnt been a whole day, i give her time to reply to my messages. She seemed to text me reasonably promptly during regular school week so maybe it really has been just busy spring break plans, but my mental psyche is overanalyzing everything. I guess thats what you get for being a computer engineer lol

akk82
    Participant
    March 16, 2014 at 2:21 am #49332

I think if she wasn’t at least a little bit interested or curious by your interest she wouldn’t have given you her number and especially wouldn’t be responding to your texts (at all). That being said, she could also be naive and just trying to be nice, while accidentally leading you on. If you’ve worked up a “gigantic crush” on her you probably have inflated this situation to a point where it will be next to impossible for you to not be disappointed in whatever the outcome is. I would suggest that you start being as busy as she is, hang out with as many different friends as you can and just try to have fun. She will see more valuable assets in you when she sees other people wanting to be around you and you not making as much effort to be around her. Unfortunately, being too available seems to be a quick death to dating chances.

DoIWannaKnow
    Participant
    March 16, 2014 at 10:55 pm #49349

Honestly, even the busiest girl will make the time to talk to you and have good conversations if she is truly into you. She probably likes you, but she can’t be THAT busy all the time that she can hardly have a convo and you have to be the initiator all the time. It might be best to let go. It will save some hurting. Or you could just ask her to be completely honest and tell you how exactly she feels about you!

Best of luck!

jacksonCon
    Participant
    March 18, 2014 at 10:10 pm #49440

go with your gut

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 3:05 pm #50204

Go for it, you got nothing to lose.

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm #49336

Ill try to not go out of my way to be around her when school starts again, but should I stop texting her? And yes, i have a big problem with overinflating situations lol

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm #49337

Ill try not to go out of my way to be around this girl when school starts up again, but should i stop texting her altogether? We send about 4-5 messages a day, so it’s not like I look like i have nothing better to do. Also, yes, i have a big problem with overinflating situations lol

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:15 pm #49338

I will try to not go out of my way to be with her when school starts again, but should i keep texting her? We are only sending about 4-5 messages a day, so it’s not like it looks like i have nothing better to do. And yes, i have a problem with overinflating situations lol

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:16 pm #49356

Well apparently, she really has been that busy lately. Finally got her at a right time and had a pretty funny and decently long conversation. Yeah until I got into Computer Engineering, I couldn’t conceptualize how busy one could be.

bryceisbryce
    Participant
    April 14, 2014 at 6:19 pm #51176
    Reply To: Advice on if I should pursue a girl

How eager and often a woman responds to your messages usually indicates how interested she is. I would try to get one more decent conversation and then just ask her to hangout (coffee, studying together, etc). You’ll only be the guy she talks to every now and then if you don’t go for it. Since she’s so busy it’ll take forever for you to find out if she’s interested by depending on phone calls and texts.