Advice on No Response After Agreeing to 2nd Date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Harry
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 11:35 am #93272

Hey all, Need some advice. Not long since I come out of a 5 1/2 year relationship, so trying to get back in the game to keep myself occupied. Met a girl through online dating. Had good flirty banter with her. Exchanged numbers and messaged via Whatsapp. Set up a date for a cheeky drink. Went out, good time together, good banter and convo. She had work at 6.15am, so called it an early night, plus the weather was… (Well it the UK. Need I say more). Anyway, ended the night with a hug and a cheeky kiss on the cheek. Text her later on that evening, (“Good time, blah blah, 2nd date on the cards then? :P”). All okay, she had a good time too and agreed to meeting up again, only if I wanted too. I replied “Of course ect… Just depends when you’re free?” (She works at a Fire Station, so assume she’s busy a lot.)

Moving on… She hasn’t come back to me with her availability or messaged me back in general. Today’s the 3rd day. Any advice on what to do ???

Thanks in advanced 🙂

ifrit94
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 9:09 am #93531

man, ask her out other day! and if she refuses then you should let it go i guess… but make a plan so you can look that you are secure and have confident and you have great value as a men!!

ifrit94
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 9:09 am #93532

ask her out again but make a plan for the date (choose day dont ask her)… you will look confident and secure of your value as a man this will spark interest in her (well maybe if she likes you)

trashayart200
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 2:03 pm #93594

Woman here…. We like guys who demonstrates a little more assertiveness. I would send her one last message but put something more firm like.
    Hey, there is a concert on Friday at ____. I think you would love it. Would you like to go?

BDK91
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 7:56 pm #93658

I would definitely ask her again. If you just assume whatever and don’t ask again you will never know.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 9:55 pm #93661

I’ve had good luck with the playful “oh you’re too busy to talk?” sort of comment. Usually serves as a shortcut to a.) I’m not interested or b.) I’m sorry I’ve been busy but I am interested.