Advice please! Am I doing something wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mexicakes
    Mexicakes
    Participant
    April 24, 2016 at 8:48 am #98622

Hi I just joined pof and I’ve spent a fair bit of time writing my profile and sending individual messages to guys I’m interested in but I haven’t had many responses. I was chatting to a guy last night but realised I was carrying most of the conversation. They’re was a bit of flirting where he said he would teach me to surf and I said I could teach massage in return but then it kind of ended so I said bye hoping that he would realise he needed to put in a bit more of an effort, chase a bit! So we’ll see if he messages again.
    In my profile I talk about the things I’m interested in (music, festivals, making things crafts, food) so there’s plenty for them to ask me about.
    Fellas, any tips for me? What would be your perfect first message from a girl? X

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mexicakes Mexicakes.

Shinigami
    Participant
    April 24, 2016 at 11:03 am #98630

First of all i am going to say that that dude was lucky, lucky to find a nice girl online that actually made plenty of effort to keep the conversation going. A lot of times from friends and family i hear that they (the guy) is the only one really typing messages and the girl would just say ”Nice, ok, no, yes” and so on. Never really taking the initiative to ask something herself and just appearing rather uninterested.

I don’t want to ruin your expectations or anything, but don’t put too much hope into it. If you ask me, you put plenty of effort into it and it’s now his turn to return that to you. 🙂

Mexicakes
    Mexicakes
    Participant
    April 24, 2016 at 1:14 pm #98633

Thanks I do try!
    So difficult to get the balance right between appearing too keen and uninterested

Trinityalways
    Trinityalways
    Participant
    April 27, 2016 at 8:15 am #98847

Idk what your profile states or how many pics you have but I had a man tell me a while ago 1-2 great pics and a short 5 sentence bio gets more attraction than a to-do list . This allows men to ask questions about you and it sets a bit of mystery. I’m a female so my opinion may not count.

marvellousmoose
    Participant
    April 27, 2016 at 9:08 am #98901

Take time. Treat her well.

Jack Henson
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 11:39 pm #99545

Would you mind posting the profile here? I’m happy to give you some pointers. Lots of times it’s really easy to fix up a profile and make it more appealing, you just have to know what to look for.