Afraid of being too Needy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CalebsGirl
    CalebsGirl
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 1:15 am #86684

My bf and I have been together for almost a year and things are really good but lately I’ve noticed that he doesn’t make time for me as he used to. I understand that he’s working, but he spends so much time engaged in other activities and now we barely talk for like 10mins or less. I wouldn’t mind the 10mins but we don’t get to see each other often because of the long distance so our phone convos mean a lot and the fact that he spends so much time on other things hurts at times.What annoys me most is maybe because he spends like 3hrs in the gym every single day and always fall asleep while talking to me and takes time off to see about his car.
    I am very understanding but I’m starting to feel like I’m not important and that I’m just someone to talk to when he’s free. I know I may sound needy,but I believe that if you love someone, you would always make time for them. And though he knows that things between. us are different, he doesn’t want to admit that it’s cuz of him being so busy.

mselizabeth
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 7:55 am #86687

It’s very easy for guys to just zone out but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t value you and your time together. I think if you’ve been together for almost a year, thats a good indication that he cares a lot for you and wants to be with you. If you feel like you’re not spending enough time together and that you feel he’s losing interest, clearly communicate that to him and sort out a solution.

Xiomn
    Xiomn
    Participant
    October 9, 2015 at 9:33 am #86741

Best to sit down, talk and express how you’re feeling with him, ideally face to face as texting etc can be greatly misinterpreted in this kind of situation. That way he knows how you feel. Don’t bring it up a second time though after that.