Afraid of physical affection

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jeremy23422
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 12:59 pm #149288

My gf Sara and I met a month ago in physical therapy when we were in simultaneous auto accidents, her sister in law set us up. I like Sara a hell of a lot, and she likes me. We talk or text every day. We’re now officially a couple. We get along – and by that I mean it’s totally drama free and easy which I’m not used to at all. Nice chemistry. We’ve spent time alone together and with another couple. We like to laugh and do things together.

The one caveat I have is that Sara is very physically reserved. When we kiss, she almost has this attitude like, “Ok, let’s get it over with.” A tiny, mechanical peck on the mouth followed by a long hug, which hurts my feelings a bit. I know she has described herself as being afraid of intimacy, of putting up barriers. I’m attracted to her. But she almost acts like someone who has been sexually traumatized. If it’s all her, I’m patient enough to wait and let her work through it. But I worry that she isn’t physically attracted to me! How do I address this?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Jeremy23422.

Nikolas
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 10:09 am #149344

If she doesn’t like kissing i assume that she isn’t really interested in sex either. You might wanna try to approach her over the “cuddle-route” meaning instead of trying to make a move you could just play it low and be casual. To find out if she thinks your attractive you might just wanna ask her . It sounds like you two know each other pretty well so it wouldn’t be as weird. If she does ask you why you would ask something like that, you could just explain the whole scenario to her. I bet she’d understand.