After 3 months of dating, can I initiate dates?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kosm
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 12:21 pm #137620

Been dating a guy for 3 months. I reallllly like him. Things appear to be going in the right direction. We see each other 1 to 2 times a week. We don’t always communicate daily but I think that’s just how he is. Anyways, I initiated asking him to my place this week and he came over and it was great. He’s talked about me meeting his friends and family. Well, I would like him to meet mine too. Tomorrow, my best friend is having a party and I think it’s the perfect opportunity to invite him but is it ok for me to do this? I always hear that the man should initiate dates, but when you’re three months in, does that still apply?

tsmit153
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 2:59 pm #137638

It is perfectly okay for you to ask him. In this day and age it is more common for woman to initiate the relationship. Being three months in you probably have a feel for how the relationship is and it’s ok to ask him to do things with you

Kosm
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 3:34 pm #137639

Yea I just don’t want to do it too much because I just did it this week. I’m just so confused about what’s ok and what’s not ok. This whole dating thing feels like a game of Jenga.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 11:12 pm #137652

You are so funny, I say yes you can do or go where you want if he cares about you, he would just do it to be with you. You should have nothing to worry about. good luck and have fun

Kosm
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 11:54 pm #137653

Lol thanks I did ask and unfortunately he can’t make it but I’m glad I asked. He responded well 🙂
    Fingers crossed that this keeps going good!

justacrusher
    justacrusher
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 1:41 pm #137703

I hope that everything is fine forever ❤️

Jessica523
    Participant
    May 28, 2017 at 5:07 pm #137797

Yes, definitely ok to initiate dates after you’ve been dating a few months. I’d say first few the guy should initiate but after that, all is fair!

caldude
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 3:29 am #137814

You should feel free to do so after even a month of dating. This shows him not only that you enjoy his company but are also interested in moving the relationship forward.

Kosm
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 10:21 am #137828

Wow I thought you guys would say no! I’m glad to hear this. I have noticed when I ask him, he seems excited. I was just confused because some days I don’t hear from him unless I initiate contact. I guess it’s time for me to chill out and stop worrying.