After date text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

After date text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

annie6363
    Participant
    January 1, 2017 at 12:00 am #121338
    After date text

I went on a date with a guy who I genuinely 100% felt chemistry with and like FOR SURE we would have a second date.
    Well, at the end of he said “it was nice finally meeting you” but thats it, nothing more. He didn’t text me when he arrived home or the next morning which is standard protocol if you like someone.

Well, i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt because i realized that maybe i ended our date abruptly. So today i texted him at noon and the conversation went like this:

me: I’m still laughing about all the ridiculousness of last night : ) Hope you have a good one tonight
    him: Hahaha last night was funny. I hope you have a great New Years. Don’t get too wild. Or do.
    me: ; )

Sooooo…. should i just assume he doesnt like me then? I knew it sounds crazy but I am devastated because I really liked him.

mr bit
    mr bit
    Participant
    January 9, 2017 at 11:51 pm #122362

Unless he is super freaking busy I would say he isn’t interested IMO. Most guys will continue to talk to a girl if they are interested.

izzyh03
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 1:33 am #122368

I wouldn’t assume, try getting to know him better

lovelife888
    lovelife888
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 4:27 pm #122495

Doesn’t sound like he’s real interested but maybe send him a text asking to have a drink… see what he says… no response… there’s your answer.

justadude
    Participant
    January 11, 2017 at 9:06 am #122537

Life’s too short to live on assumptions, text him again and see if he wants to see you again! If not, you know for sure and you can move on

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 9:08 pm #123580

if you nver responded after that that might explain why he never responded again after that. your last statement was a pretty “final” “conversation closer” type statement.

so.. i would initiate a text again with him and NOT use “closing” statements and leave it open. “hey.. so i was doing X and it reminded me of our convo the other night.. how is your day going?” or just “hey.. how was your day going?” – small talk.. open statements…

then see what happens. it shouldn’t tkae to omuch to figure out where he is wit you based on how much he engages with you and what he tells you. if you can’t figure out or run out of patience – ask him if he’s interested in joining you to (insert actifity or idea you have here) and see what he says.

nothing about what you told me yet tells me is bad at this point. i think you sound like you tend to use “closing statements” a lot b/c your nervous a bit and afraid to let on about your feelings. well.. closing statements make us not respond.

Sue315
    Sue315
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 8:05 am #125394

Move on. The right guy won’t let you go!!! Be confident and love yourself first!!! Do things,have a hobby,do online dating,meet guys and not just in bars. Be your best you and he will come and show himself!!! If you have to chase him……RUN!!!! It will be weeks,months,years of misery and wondering what it is.The right guy will pursue you!!! And you will never doubt what it is!!! I am not sure how old you are but a REAL MAN will be a real man and a boy is not ready for more. Know what you want and relay that to them,if they aren’t ready….NEXT!!! I am an old,53 year old,fat lady and I thought there wouldn’t ever be another but in truth when I started believing and having the confidence that there ARE other fish in the sea and if I let one go there would be others, the right one found me!!! Good luck to you!

michelle724
    michelle724
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 3:58 pm #125501

I would say unfortunately, he may not be interested. But props to you for sending him a follow up to find out.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 4:23 pm #125668

Your after date text should always be something like “thank you for a great evening”. Or something to that extent.

I always judge women on stuff like that. Such as whether they will offer to buy a drink, or whether they will send a classy text.

Expecting a man to take you out, and then send you incessant texts, is filtering for a lame person that isn’t a good thing.

However, the fact that he brushed you off at the end, that there was nothing physical – and that he never escalated your text is likely that he isn’t interested.

How much that comes down to how you look, or how you behaved is for your own judgement. Because no one else was there.

Brenda3193
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 5:05 pm #125725
    Reply To: After date text

He could just be a really nice guy sincerely hoping that you have a great New Year. Maybe he already had plans. If he was 100% totally not interested, I don’t know that he would bother to reply. But, maybe he replied because he likes you, but just as a friend.

l0u15
    Participant
    February 5, 2017 at 9:22 am #125741

I think he’s a nice and sincere guy.

Thatone12
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 4:10 am #126629

Maybe he is just terrible at that type of thing.

HappyCamper265
    Participant
    March 1, 2017 at 10:27 am #128644

Don´t ignore the negatives…so easy to focus on the positives but you know what you know!

HappyCamper265
    Participant
    March 1, 2017 at 10:28 am #128645

Don´t ignore the negatives…so easy to focus on the positives but the negatives give you the info you need.

RoxOli
    RoxOli
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 5:48 am #128744

Yeah, I’d say you should try to be open minded about it a little longer. Especially i he is an introvert in any way.. Maybe he has some unresolved issues with another girl and doesn’t want to engage totally until he figures things out…

1 2