Age Seems to be an Issue

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Age Seems to be an Issue

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Cymberle
    Cymberle
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 7:34 pm #152048
    Age Seems to be an Issue

I know this is going to come off sounding like a minor problem (my friends have said it should make me happy). I’m a divorced woman in her late 40s. Online dating hasn’t worked for me. So lately I’ve been hanging out more at bars and restaurants with friends, trying to meet men in person. Three times in the last two weeks, I’ve been having a great conversation with a guy. Eventually the subject of age comes up–for example when I mention that I have a son in high school. All three of these guys got extremely angry at me because they thought I was at least 10 years younger than I am. One told me I’m being unfair to men who don’t want to date old women (he was a year younger than me BTW). Another yelled at the whole bar that I’m a catfisher. The third just said he doesn’t date old ladies and walked away after a great conversation. Now I’m terrified of talking to any man I meet. I can’t begin a conversation stating my age or tattoo it on my head. I’m already a shy person. What do I do?

9arijuk
    9arijuk
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 9:35 am #152051

maybe ignore the guys who seem to be in their 30s or 40s and aim higher. Unfortunately these types of men tend to look for young women at least 10 years their junior…even though these girls are creeped out by these same old men lol.

naru1
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 2:05 pm #152196

Hi Cymberle, I think it may just be the few that you’ve met. I’ve fallen for a woman eight years older than me and I’m sure there are many like me. Maybe try a different bar or scene? Also, what are you looking for? Are you looking for a man older than you or younger? If older, you may want to try country clubs or so rather than city bars.

Cymberle
    Cymberle
    Participant
    October 14, 2017 at 12:13 am #152814

Thanks for the comments. I guess I’m a bit gun shy now. I don’t really care if the man is older or younger than me as age to me is just a number. Mostly I’ve been going to the bars, restaurants, and dog parks near my home that singles tend to frequent. I’ve posed this question to many people, and most have told me to just mention age somehow up front when the man first approaches me. It’s actually rather funny since one of the men looked to be at least 55+ and he was 46.