All his exes were psychos?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 1:21 pm #125471

So I started dating this guy. I have an ugly history with dating. I just seem to always fall for the players and jerks 🙁

I met this guy who Ive been seeing for about a month now and things seem to be going good. Hes a nice guy who actually seems like he’s going to give me the love I know I deserve. He seems like he genuinenly cares about me.

One thing rung a bell though. We were recently on a date and we were talking about our pasts and our past relationships. He said about one of his exes (in passing) “yeah she came back and spray-painted my house.” I said “what?” And he said, “ahh.. ive had alot of psycho exes, i dont know how or why i always attracted them”

I thought it was weird and by the time I was about to interject, it was too late because he was already talking about something else. I just wanted to know, why? I still may ask him, but I would like advice from people on here if a statement like that is a red flag.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 1:42 pm #125473

i wouldn’t put too much into it as you will ever only hear his side – and tha’ts not a good side to go on. Don’t worry about his past and just judge him for how he acts and behaves with you.

i say this b/c i axtually have dated quite a few “psychos” if you will for the last 10-15 yrs (it’s been a bad run). Not quite to the tune of having my hosue spray-painted.. but these days you never know.

“dating all pyschos” in my case turned out to be me in the wrong mindset, projecting a certain vibe out there that attracted not so good females into my life who felt they could order me around, control me, manipulate me for their own needs. i have sinced made many changes and have a completely new approach and mindset in my life (and dating) and so the good ones are now coming – not so much the bad ones.

good to know your own limitations too (you “fall for players/bad guys”. I encourage you to self-reflect as to why and what you may be doing to “attract them” (ie what’s really happening)

fin
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 10:07 pm #125552

Everyone has exes that have taken the break up badly and do inappropriate things because of that, but the statement to me is pretty concerning. It feels like, if they were all driven to act ‘like psychos’ what did he do to them, yknow?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 12:59 pm #125643

Everyone has exes that have taken the break up badly and do inappropriate things because of that, but the statement to me is pretty concerning. It feels like, if they were all driven to act ‘like psychos’ what did he do to them, yknow?

per your own words.. “he broke up with them…”

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 2:48 pm #125656

Psycho women are usually great in bed. Just the same way that the “players and jerks” who you said that you used to date were.

Judging him based on this would be hypocritical. You should see it as something that relates you to him.

jillianfrances
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 12:14 am #125719

I don’t think it’s something you need to worry about too much, it was part of his past and you need to focus on the now.

jack straw
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 10:19 am #125723

Agreed. Let the past be.