All signs are right, but what went wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ineedanswers
    Participant
    April 16, 2016 at 1:51 am #97979

Asked a friend out because I think we like each other mutually. She came to the date I set up at a local bar, she had one drink. For almost 3 hours of non-stop talking: feet rubbing under the table, she held my hand sometimes and constant smiles. It felt right.

But as the night gets to a close, I decided to bring both of us out of the bar and took a short walk on the streets (honestly, I was more tipsy than her). Then she decided to make sure I go home (cause she thinks I am drunk…) and she called an uber and went home. WHY? Should I have just asked her to come home with me? If I think I made a negative impression, should I still ask her out a second time? The texting in the day after seems normal…

Thoughts? Thanks!

mft3891
    Participant
    April 16, 2016 at 10:36 am #97998

So first off, I feel your anxiety bud and I’ve been there. Do not sweat this yet. I say yet bc you definitely want to not drink so much that she thinks you’re drunk until you’ve locked this up. Definitely don’t feel down in yourself, this is actually a perfect opportunity to use self-depreciating humor (used occasionally this makes women comfortable with us) the next time you see her. You know, teasing yourself but obviously joking about how you got “wasted” last time.

She wouldn’t be texting with you normally if you blew it so breathe easy. Ask her out again.

ineedanswers
    Participant
    April 17, 2016 at 12:46 pm #98013

I guess. In group hangouts this past week, she still tries to make a lot of physical contact. Not sure when to ask her out again though