All the signs were there, can someone please explain me why did he reject me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    October 4, 2015 at 9:54 am #86460

We’re all co-workers, it all started with his friend asking me “will you go out with him?” (when this friend was next to me) his friend kept telling me “you guys should be a couple / you guys suits each other, but he likes blondes/if you’ll be blonde, he’ll take you…” and other stuff like that.
    His friend once even told me bluntly “he actually really likes you”. And above all this, I caught him staring at me many times.
    So I thought He likes me but too shy or scared to ask me out, so I called him and asked if he wants to go out for coffee sometimes, he rejected. (he said “maybe some other time”).

Now at work I ignore him completely!!! He got really mad the first time i didn’t answer him when he asked “how are you”.
    Why does he care that i ignore him now after he led me on?? Why do people lead on?

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 5:16 pm #86671

Umm, maybe he was actually busy when he said “maybe some other time” and meant it. People have lives you know, outside of work. It sounds like you colleagues are kind of childish talking like that, so I suggest to ignore the whole, “will you go out with him” shiznit. If he is interested in you, he’ll work up the courage to ask you out on his own, shy or not. Same applies to you. If not, then let it be. I don’t think he meant to lead you on. So start just talking to him at work, getting to know him, maybe then he’ll ask you out or you two can get a feel if you two start catching feelings for one another in that way. Play it slow, friendship is good.