Am I being friend zoned or is she interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sindu5673
    Participant
    April 26, 2015 at 10:39 pm #77921

I met this girl i’m kind of interested in at my new job. We quickly became friendly, took breaks together one on one, she even said once she wish could talk to me more rather than go back to work. I ended asking for her number and texted her a few times, she would always answered within minutes asking questions to keep the conversation rolling. The other day she told me she had to quit the job because she needed to travel out of state to see her family for a month. Not sure whether she likes me as a friend or potentially more I texted her “It was fun working with you! “. She replied “I hope to see you again “. I said “Let’s go for coffee sometime when you are back” I made a point to use the “sometime” in order to avoid sounding clingy. She answered “Yep we should!! I will keep you updated :3”
    Being through text it can be a little confusing, do you think she could be interested, or does she sound like she was just being polite?

trapezemit
    Participant
    April 28, 2015 at 7:31 pm #77965

I think it’s hard to know exactly what she is really thinking in mind. As long as you did your best step forward there is nothing else can be done. She will get back to you if she is interested, since you already gave her chance to get together so the choice now is on her.

infamissg
    Participant
    April 28, 2015 at 9:21 pm #77970

I agree with the other post. I feel like only time can tell at this point. You will have to see if she gets back to you. I think your question “if you’re being friend zoned or is she interested” .. you didn’t really say much, but from what I’ve read.. it seems like you guys didn’t hang OUT of work so it’s hard to tell if you’re being friend-zoned or not.

banjojohn
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 2:44 pm #78051

Yep, just go for it and see what happens. The ball is in her court

carla
    carla
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 5:34 pm #78097

since she said yes then i think she is interested don’t let it go give it a try

NoShakenThrone
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm #78326

Good luck when she gets back.

guywithgirlproblems
    Participant
    May 2, 2015 at 5:50 pm #78336

Sounds like she is interested. She’s away so you need to be patient until she returns. Ask her to talk on the phone sometime while she is away, you’ll get a sense if she’s interested if she’s willing to skype or facetime you.

Kaley
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 7:09 am #78342

I definitely think it’s possible. At the very least she seems genuinely interested in a friendship, so no harm would come from trying to feel things out. Good luck!

rams_win2015
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 12:46 pm #78345

If she still wants to be friends with you than she might come to you when shes had a bad breakup and even might consider you for a relationship.